Cant login

Hi im making an app for school and when i try to use the login screen it does nothing? no error message nothing. ill attatch the file.

Hi Hidde,

With "it does nothing" you mean that when you enter your credentials and press the Login button, you don't see anything happen? Did you try debugging the app?

I also noticed the "EnterOnClick" JavaScript in the OnReady, why is it there? It definitely shouldn't be necessary!

yeah it just doesn't do anything, it used to work fine but we didn't change anything. 

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Hidde,

With "it does nothing" you mean that when you enter your credentials and press the Login button, you don't see anything happen? Did you try debugging the app?

I also noticed the "EnterOnClick" JavaScript in the OnReady, why is it there? It definitely shouldn't be necessary!

Hi Kilian, 

When I put al the correct credentials in, and try to login, it just goes back to the normal login screen without the credentials I filled in earlier.... Maybe this means that it's redirecting to the login page instead of the homepage?

I can't find the problem because I don't really know where to look...

P.S. I already removed the 'EnterOnClick', it is definitely not necessary.

Hi Hidde,

If it's a wrong redirect, then after login you should be able to manually navigate to the homepage, without getting redirected again to login. Is that the case? Also, you should check the Service Center error log, it logs wrong logins, perhaps it'll put you in the right direction.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Hidde,

If it's a wrong redirect, then after login you should be able to manually navigate to the homepage, without getting redirected again to login. Is that the case? Also, you should check the Service Center error log, it logs wrong logins, perhaps it'll put you in the right direction.

Hi Kilian,

Yeah, but how do I get it to manually navigate to the homepage... I honestly don't know how to do it. I already tried to put the 'Homepage' destination instead of the 'End' in the logic of the 'Login'. 

Hi Hidde,

I mean just enter the URL of the home page in your browser, manually. If you are succesfully logged in, it'll show. Just to see whether it's a redirect problem, or a login problem.

Also, did you check the error logs in Service Center?

Hidde Kemperink wrote:

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Hidde,

Hi Kilian,

Yeah, but how do I get it to manually navigate to the homepage... I honestly don't know how to do it. I already tried to put the 'Homepage' destination instead of the 'End' in the logic of the 'Login'. 

Hi Kilian, 

If I put the URL in my browser, I get the admin account logged in. If I log out, I still can't log in with any other account. It does not give any errors, the blank login screen just reappears and that's it. There are no errors in the Service Center error log. It just says that everything is correct... 

Hi Hidde,

Did you manage to track down the problem any further?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Hidde,

Did you manage to track down the problem any further?

Hi Kilian,

Honestly, no... We did not manage to track down or solve the problem. I can't find it anywhere. Our file is in the Attachment, maybe you can take a look.