Not allowed to use espace first time publish

I was doing lifetime deployment, and got errors like "you are not allowed to use Users" and other espaces (not sure about exact text). I know this is a security feature, whe you deploy new application, you need to have some "super" permissions. I am admin on the environment, and on all environments, and only in that one there is problem. I don't remember how to solve this, I recall it was in discussions but can't find that.

Hi, what is showing error in service center?

I can't find anything, at least looking under LifeTime-like applications. There are too many other errors we have there. What should I look for?

Igor Kirtak wrote:

I can't find anything, at least looking under LifeTime-like applications. There are too many other errors we have there. What should I look for?

Hi,

I also encountered the same issue.

What does this mean, what should I do to resolve this?

Thanks,

Ruby

Ruby Jimenez , there is a strange security limitation in OutSystems - when you deploy an espace first time - you need to have some special permissions to use those system components. In my case, our admin have changed some configuration, and after several attempts it started to work, but I don't know what he did and not sure that I will understand if he explains.

Hi,

What platform-version is this?

This seems an old bug to me at least (kinda remember this one)

J. , in my case it's 10.0.710.0.

J. wrote:

Hi,

Mine is  10.0.713.0

Hi All,

I am getting Required Permission error while publish via Service Studio and Deploying via Lifetime. Why i am getting this error?

Many applications are using these modules. Only one application is giving this error.

It works in Dev, QA and PROD, but while deploying in pre production i get this error. Why?

Error:

Required Permission: You are not allowed to use the eSpace 'autocomplete'.

Required Permission: You are not allowed to use the eSpace 'events'.

Screen Print:

Thank you,

Sridhar. S

J. wrote:

Hi,

This question seems to remain unanswered and I still encounter such issue where I am using the latest version of Outsystems that I installed few days ago. So it shouldn't be an old bug. It didn't happen when I deploy from Dev to Testing, it only happens when I deploy from Testing to Production.

Hello guys,

I'm having this problem too. 

We're managing permissions (in the right way we think) but something is missing us. 

Using lifetime to deploy trough new environments some users claim they can't deploy new modules because they don't have permissions over system modules.

Is there any insight on this matter? Is it because of some automatic process running behind that needs to change the system entities or something (Because we're giving permissions only to consume system modules)?

Thank you,

Filipe Cardoso

Hi,

First of all, make sure you are up2date with the latest versions of the platform of course :)

Second, make sure that the DEFAULT ROLE of your developer-user in lifetime got the
"Add System Dependencies" checked.
It does not matter if it's checked in the role you have in your team, it's your default role.

This is a commonly overseen mistake if you have a reversed pyramid-model, to grant developers NOTHING unless they are in a team.