[CKEditor] length problem

[CKEditor] length problem

Forge Component
(13)
Published on 2017-02-19 by Carlos Henriques
13 votes
Published on 2017-02-19 by Carlos Henriques

i have set 500 character limit. i dont understand why it started giving error after 491 characters and sometimes, when i enter space it start giving error in between. i have set onchange action whenever user enter characters and in that action i set condition by calculating the length i.e if user enter more than 500 it gives error but i dont know why in between it started giving error

Hello Lovish

It may have something to do with html tags that are being used in the backstage. For example, if you are creating links or something that requires an html tag like < a > or < p >,  I think that goes into the character count.

Other possibility is special characters that count for more than one character

Best regards,

Ângelo

Ângelo Sousa wrote:

Hello Lovish

It may have something to do with html tags that are being used in the backstage. For example, if you are creating links or something that requires an html tag like < a > or < p >,  I think that goes into the character count.

Best regards,

Ângelo

i want to increase character count for space also. how would i achieve that?

Lovish Goyal wrote:

Ângelo Sousa wrote:

Hello Lovish

Best regards,

Ângelo

i want to increase character count for space also. how would i achieve that?

Then how to resolve it. What modification i need to do?

Hello Lovish 

You can set the length property on the input's property window

Best regards,

Ângelo

Ângelo Sousa wrote:

Hello Lovish 

You can set the length property on the input's property window

Best regards,

Ângelo

i have set and it is only for max no. of character. But internally it is calculating some extra character