Apply a search functionality in Mobile app

Apply a search functionality in Mobile app

Hai,

I am developing a mobile app in which a user will be able to view the details according to the feilds in the input(search).Could you please help me in achieving this.

I want to or three fields in the search and the data similar should apply as search result.

Thanks in advance

Hello Sini,

I am not sure if I understood correctly, but I think the Sidebar Exercise from the "Developing OutSystems Mobile Apps" training course will provide the help you are looking for. It will guide you through the creation of a sidebar element with a search field and also filters. 

If you haven't done so, I highly recommend that you complete the "Developing OutSystems Mobile Apps" training course.

Kind regards

João Batista wrote:

Hello Sini,

I am not sure if I understood correctly, but I think the Sidebar Exercise from the "Developing OutSystems Mobile Apps" training course will provide the help you are looking for. It will guide you through the creation of a sidebar element with a search field and also filters. 

If you haven't done so, I highly recommend that you complete the "Developing OutSystems Mobile Apps" training course.

Kind regards

Thanks João Batista,

Could you pls help me with how to display the search result as a table.

I am able to display a list i, i do want to display it as a table with particular number of rows and columns.

abdul jaleel wrote:

João Batista wrote:

Hello Sini,

Kind regards

Thanks João Batista,

Could you pls help me with how to display the search result as a table.

I am able to display a list i, i do want to display it as a table with particular number of rows and columns.

You are most welcome :).

If I understand correctly you want to show a "traditional" table in your mobile app;
I do not know your application but a "traditional" table in a mobile scenario may not be the best option.

If you really want to achieve this and since a mobile equivalent to the web applications table records widget does not exist you will have to try to replicate it using the mobile list widget.

Two possible solutions:

1. Use columns patterns or containers to create each one of your table columns; place this inside a list item widget. Check this forum post.
  2. Use the HTML element widget to create an HTML table; use <table>, <tr>, <td> to create your table row. Check this forum post and more info about HTML tables.

Remember that what you are defining inside the list widget is one row of your table.

Check out this blog post about "10 Rules for Creating a Mobile Look and Feel" and check out the OutSystems Mobile Best Practices.

Kind regards

Did you manage to implement one of the proposed solutions Abdul?