hi there,

I am trying a simple action:

- putting block 

Nfc\ShareProgress on main screen

- and then handler:

NdefListenerOnNdefRead

that do:

- then i attach my card id that has NFC inside to my Android Samsung

Unfortunately, nothing happens, but the hand phone suggests to open with some applications that are not outsystems (other application that i download in the app store to read NFC),

My questions are:

- Does this plug ins work?

- how to create a simple use case to know if it works or not?

- how to make that event handler above running?

thank you.

regards,

indra

Hi Indra, 

First of all, are you using the plugin on a generated OutSystems mobile app or are you trying to use OutSystems Now?

Also, this plugin only works with NFC tags that contain NDEF messages. If the TAG has some other type of data, this plugin won't make your app to list as one of possible application to read the NFC tag.

Hi Joao,

Thank you for quick reply. I use Outsystems generated mobile app. I try to scan my ID card where an application PoC e-KTP reader can read my photo. I do not know what is inside. How do we know that the card has NDEFD message?

regards,

indra

Solution

One way would be to use some Android applications such as NFC Tools, NFC TagInfo or TagInfo in order to further inspect the NFC Tag. 

Hopefully this can get you on the right track. 

Nonetheless, this plugin is for NFC Tags with NDEF format only, for other NFC data structures you would need to either build a custom plugin or get lucky and find one that someone has built that suits your needs.

Cheers,

João Gonçalves

Solution