Search Side Bar not working on later Silk UI Versions

Search Side Bar not working on later Silk UI Versions

Hi All

We created a search side bar on our mobile application using Outsystems 10. The side bar worked perfectly on Silk UI Mobile V1.2.1.

When we upgraded Silk UI Mobile to a later version, the search side bar stopped working. The sidebar is displayed but the total sidebar is grayed out and no field is accessible. No actions can be performed on the side bar. The side bar can also not be closed.

I upgraded Silk UI Mobile today from version 1.5.2 to version 1.5.4, but I still have the same problem.

I attach a screen shot of the side bar displayed when I try to display it.

As you can see, the whole screen is disabled.

Did anybody encounter a similar problem and how was it solved? I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

The widget 'Sidebar' was used.

The only change between the working App in production and the App in our Pre-Production environment, is the version of Silk UI Mobile. In production we have version 1.2.1, in pre-production version 1.5.4.

Best Regards

Anneliese Scheurkogel

Hey Anneliese,

Can you replicate the issue on a simple OML so we can check it out?

Rita Dias wrote:

Hey Anneliese,

Hi

I am attaching the oml file for Test SideBar. This is using Silk UI Mobile 1.2.1.

Screen shot using Silk UI Mobile 1.5.4

Screen shot using Silk UI Mobile 1.2.1

Regards

Anneliese

Anneliese Scheurkogel wrote:

Rita Dias wrote:

Hey Anneliese,

Hi

I am attaching the oml file for Test SideBar. This is using Silk UI Mobile 1.2.1.

Regards

Anneliese

Hi

i do not seem to be able to upload the oml. I will try again on Monday.

Regards

Anneiese

Rita Dias wrote:

Hey Anneliese,

Hi

Regards

Anneliese

Hi

i do not seem to be able to upload the oml. I will try again on Monday.

Regards

Anneiese

Hi All,

I have submitted a support case to Outsystems. I will update this post as soon as they give me the solution.

Regards

Anneliese

Hey Anneliese,

So here's the thing, our sidebar (the silk defualt) doesn't have background, this is part of the css that you created for your custom sidebar. We had to change the z-index of the sidebar so that when the menu was open the sidebar would not overpower it (by standing in front of it). This change was done on version 1.5.0 with the following changelog:

In order to fix this you need to change the Z-Index of the sidebar making it lower  than the z-index of the sidebar.