Unable to start services of Hub server.

Unable to start services of Hub server.

I'm tryin to install hub server in a windows 2003 server, when I execute SCInstall.bat I get a lot of Unhandled Exceptions, also I'am unable to start the Hub server services it says the process terminates unexpectly. I using hubserver version 3.0.5.11.

Thanks for your help.
Hi Pedro,
SCInstall needs to have the services running in order to run successfully. Whenever services start and quit immedialty afterwards this means that a serious problem is preventing the service from starting so the service logs the problem to the machine event log and then quits. This usually happens due to invalid or missing configuration information.

Since you mention having just installed the platform, I'll ask you to open the Hub Server Configuration Tool and recheck your configuration. Use the Test Connection buttons to make sure all database logins are working and then click on 'OK'. After this is done start the services. If they fail again please check the event log to see the reason and contact us with that information.

Best regards,
Marco Cunha
Now I can start the Hub server services but when I go to the service center I get this message:
Parser Error Message: Access is denied: 'System.Web.UI.MobileControls.ShippedAdapterSource'.

Source Error:

Line 196: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
Line 197: <add assembly="System.Web.Mobile, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
Line 198: <add assembly="*" />
Line 199: </assemblies>
Line 200: </compilation>

Do you have any ideia what could be causing this?

Thanks a lot
Jorge Dionisio
It is on line 198

Thanks,

Jorge Dionisio and Pedro Oliveira
Forget it, I solved it, now I got an error ASPState login failed and I had to create a database called ASPState but I seam to be missing some stored procedures I get this error:
Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.TempGetAppID'.
When running service center
and this error:
Deployment of tenant ServiceCenter failed. Could not invoke ping.aspx.
when running scinstall.bat...

Thanks for your help.
Forget it, I solved it, now I got an error ASPState login failed and I had to create a database called ASPState but I seam to be missing some stored procedures I get this error:
Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.TempGetAppID'.
When running service center
and this error:
Deployment of tenant ServiceCenter failed. Could not invoke ping.aspx.
when running scinstall.bat...

Thanks for your help.
Hi Pedro and Dionisio,
if you've been following the Installation Checklist that pops up when you install Hub Server you should also have disabled the Indexing Service by now. This service indexes all files on your machine is generally useful, but when it indexes, it creates locks on the files thus generating this and other errors in the platform.

Please also check that you have executed all the installation checklist steps including the "updatedevicedb.exe" step.

You can read more about it the Indexing service causing problems here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329065

Best regards,
Marco Cunha
Hi Pedro,
the following is from the Database installation checklist for the OutSystems Hub Edition platform :

- Configure SQL Server for ASP.NET SQL Server Session State:
In Query Analyzer execute the InstallSqlState.sql script.
You can get it from a Hub Node in <system drive>\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\version.

- Create HubState User and Set Its Permissions:
In Query Analyzer execute the SetupHubState.sql script.
You can get it from a Hub Node in <Hub Server installation folder>\db.
Or, You can download it from http://www.outsystems.net/SupportCenter/DocumentFromExterior.aspx?DocumentId=168

Hope this helps,
Marco Cunha
I just installed W2K3 on a laptop and I am trying to install HubServer and the compiler service and the deployment service fail to start. The message I get from the Event Logs is:

Invalid "Compiler.TemporaryPath" setting in CompilerService.exe.config

Invalid "Cache.ControlPath" setting in DeployService.exe.config

Any thoughts on where the issue might be? What is the default temporary path that it attempts to use?

Thanks
Ken
Hi Ken,
have you run the Hub Server Configuration Tool and closed it by pressing the OK button ? If not please do so to make sure your configuration is applied correctly to Hub Server. If the services still do not start please check the folder where Hub Server is installed has the following folders :

build
CacheControl
running
Test
empty

If any are missing please create it and try restarting the service afterwards. Please let us know how it works out as we're always very interested in understanding any installation problems that our customers experience.

Best regards,
Marco Cunha