GetExceptionURL() action parameters not saved

GetExceptionURL() action parameters not saved

Hi all, 

i have found one issue related with the GetExceptionURL() action, apparently when the exception (e.g. session timeout) occurs while clicking on a button or link the querystring parameters are lost and are not saved.

If it happens while entering or refreshing a page, the redirect keeps the original parameters, while if it happens on button click, the original parameters are lost.

In my scenario, i want to redirect the user to the same page when a session timeout occurrs or to a specific page while accessing using a direct internal page link after being redirected to login screen.

Is there any workarround for this? Any other way to get always with parameteres?

Thanks

Best regards

Hi,

When exception occurs in a flow, it Abort all the transactions. If you want to save your changes in DB even when Exception occur, you have to set Abort Transaction to No in AllException properties.

Hope this helps 

Manoj Ahirwar wrote:

Hi,

When exception occurs in a flow, it Abort all the transactions. If you want to save your changes in DB even when Exception occur, you have to set Abort Transaction to No in AllException properties.

Hope this helps 

Hi Manoj,

thanks for the feedback, maybe i didn't explain my self clear, what i'm trying to achieve is get the url of the screen where the exception occurs. To do this i'm using the GetExceptionUrl() system action, like i describe before, the problem is that sometimes the action only returns the screen Url without the querystring parameters and this way is useless in my scenario. 

I'm positive sure this is kind of a bug and it should always save the url + querystring as the exceptionUrl. My question is if there's a work arround for this? Any other way to get the exceptionUrl?

Thanks