Outsystems Mobile App compatibility with Windows OS

Outsystems Mobile App compatibility with Windows OS

  

We have a requirement to develop a Mobile Application with offline capability which is compatible with Android, IOS and Lenovo Yoga Laptops.

I understand the Lenovo Yoga Laptops are running on Windows 10 Home, Would like to know if the Outsystem mobile application be compatible to run in Windows 10, if so could you suggest where I should be looking for more information on how to create Windows 10 compatible applications.

Thanks

Hi Raj,

Can you make it more clear? do you want to create app for windows mobile ?

Regards

-PJ-

Pramod Jain wrote:

Hi Raj,

Can you make it more clear? do you want to create app for windows mobile ?

Regards

-PJ-

Hi Pramod, I want to develop a mobile application, for supporting devices running on Android and IOS. Along with this I would like to know if it is feasible to make this mobile application to run on Windows 10 OS.

Raj Masoharan wrote:

Pramod Jain wrote:

Hi Raj,

Can you make it more clear? do you want to create app for windows mobile ?

Regards

-PJ-

Hi Pramod, I want to develop a mobile application, for supporting devices running on Android and IOS. Along with this I would like to know if it is feasible to make this mobile application to run on Windows 10 OS.

What you mean that you want to develop a mobile app ,which can be used to supported Android and iOS , 

Here i got a app ,maybe it will inspire you.

Raj Manoharan wrote:

Hi Pramod, I want to develop a mobile application, for supporting devices running on Android and IOS. Along with this I would like to know if it is feasible to make this mobile application to run on Windows 10 OS.

Hi Raj,

In the OutSystems world, there's a clear division between native (hybrid) mobile apps, and web apps. You can create web apps that run in a browser on a mobile device, although those can't use the mobile device's devices like camera, GPS etc. But you can't create mobile apps that run in a browser on a desktop PC (note that the fact you need it to run on Windows 10 is irrelevant - it's the browser that counts).

So concluding, no, you cannot have a single app that runs native on a mobile device, and also runs in a browser on a PC.


Bceasty Hasert wrote:

Raj Masoharan wrote:

Pramod Jain wrote:

Hi Raj,

Can you make it more clear? do you want to create app for windows mobile ?

Regards

-PJ-

Hi Pramod, I want to develop a mobile application, for supporting devices running on Android and IOS. Along with this I would like to know if it is feasible to make this mobile application to run on Windows 10 OS.

What you mean that you want to develop a mobile app ,which can be used to supported Android and iOS , 

Here i got a app ,maybe it will inspire you.

If you need a compatible Windows system. and you need to install it on your computer , for this app , it can be used to support your Android and iOS for phone data sync  , isn't it ?

Bceasty Hasert wrote:

If you need a compatible Windows system. and you need to install it on your computer , for this app , it can be used to support your Android and iOS for phone data sync  , isn't it ?

Not sure if I understood your question correctly, What I am looking for is a way to create a mobile app with offline support in Windows OS, which could run on Lenovo yoga laptops. I am not looking at using Web applications since they do not provide offline support.