Error starting SCInstall.bat (Adding eSpace to Database)

Error starting SCInstall.bat (Adding eSpace to Database)

Hi,

I'm runnintg the script SCINSTALL.BAT and I'm Getting the error :

(...)
Adding eSpace to database...
Message 1
Id :
Type : Error
Message : System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Must declare the scalar variable "@ssversion".
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.DBHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(IDbCommand cmd, String description, Boolean isApplication, Boolean skipLog)
at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.DBHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(IDbCommand cmd)
at OutSystems.HubEdition.SCInstaller.DBSCInstaller.UpdateEspaceVersion(IDbTransaction trans, Int32 eSpaceVersionId, Byte[] omlBin, String SSVersion, String LastUpgradeVersion)
at OutSystems.HubEdition.SCInstaller.ServiceCenterInstaller.createEspaceVersion(IDbTransaction trans, Int32 eSpaceId, String filename, String SSVersion, String LastUpgradeVersion)
at OutSystems.HubEdition.SCInstaller.ServiceCenterInstaller.addEspaceToDatabase(String filename, Int32& eSpaceVersion, Int32& eSpaceId)
Submitable : True
Details :
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.DBHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(IDbCommand cmd, String description, Boolean isApplication, Boolean skipLog)
at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.DBHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(IDbCommand cmd)
at OutSystems.HubEdition.SCInstaller.DBSCInstaller.UpdateEspaceVersion(IDbTransaction trans, Int32 eSpaceVersionId, Byte[] omlBin, String SSVersion, String LastUpgradeVersion)
at OutSystems.HubEdition.SCInstaller.ServiceCenterInstaller.createEspaceVersion(IDbTransaction trans, Int32 eSpaceId, String filename, String SSVersion, String LastUpgradeVersion)
at OutSystems.HubEdition.SCInstaller.ServiceCenterInstaller.addEspaceToDatabase(String filename, Int32& eSpaceVersion, Int32& eSpaceId)
ExtraInfo :
Module :
Service Center Installer v3.2.1.16
(...)

Some idea what is missing or what is wrong ?

Tanks,
J. Rodrigues
Hi João

I've seen a similar error while executing SCinstall.bat and it was due to the fact of the database had the incorrect COLLATION setting, meaning, the COLLATION was set to case sensitive and accent sensitive.

If this was a fresh database install, can you check your collation settings?

Thanks

Cheers

Miguel João
Hi Miguel,

Tanks for fast reply,

Well... I've recreated a new Database with this settings :

CREATE DATABASE [ost] ON PRIMARY
( NAME = N'ost', FILENAME = N'ost.mdf' ...)
LOG ON
( NAME = N'ost_log', FILENAME = N'ost_log.ldf'...)
COLLATE Latin1_General_CI_AI

then, ive run the Hub Server Configuration again, grant permissions to all 3 users and run "create/upgrade database" option.

then, with scinstall.bat the error appears again...

Some idea why ?

PS: Can I get an clean database whith the correct settings anywhere ?

Thanks,
J. Rodrigues
Hi João

The collation of the database seams OK. However, can you check the collation of the server? It's available in the Server Properties through Enterprise Manager, or you can get it through the SQL query "select SERVERPROPERTY ('Collation')".

Thanks

Cheers

Miguel João
Hi Miguel ,

Well, My SQL Instance was used to another processes and I don't think that is a great idea outsystems require to force a sql server instance collation. But, If outsystems requires it, I've recreated another instance with the corrected server collation.

This aparently solved the previous question, but, when executing again the batch file another 2 messages apear. The firs one seams to me that is because i'm behind a company proxy(ISA Server) and is only a warning, but I've no ideas about 2nd One.

This is the output :
(...)
First time compilation...
Message 1
Id : UnableVerifyWSDL
Type : Warning
Submitable : False
Details : Unable to access url 'http://www.outsystems.net/SupportCenter/ContentFeed.asmx?WSDL' to verify if 'ContentFeed' web reference is up-to-date.
HelpRef : 2062
ExtraInfo :
Exception Details
[1] Id : UnableVerifyWSDL
Type : Warning
Detail : Unable to access url 'http://www.outsystems.net/SupportCenter/ContentFeed.asmx?WSDL' to verify if 'ContentFeed' web reference is up-to-date.
HelpRef : 2062
ExtraInfo :
Exception Details

Submitable : No

[2] System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed-out.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.WebReference.CheckWSDLChanges()

Message 2
Id : InternalError_TimeoutExpired
Submitable : True
Details :
An internal timeout has ocurred.\r\n[1] Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.\r\nSystem.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader()
at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.DBHelper.ExecuteReader(IDbCommand cmd, String description, Boolean isApplication, Boolean transformParameters, Boolean skipLog)
at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.DBHelper.ExecuteReader(IDbCommand cmd)
at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.DbSchemaSqlServer.GetTableInfo(String tableName, ArrayList& fieldDefs, ArrayList& secKeys, ArrayList& indexes)
at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.EntitySchemaUpdater.dumpEspaceEntities()
at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Espace.Dump()
at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Compiler.MainExec()
at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Compiler.Main(String[] args)
Id : CompilerLogInfo
Detail : WebReference.WebReference - ServiceCenter.(WebClient4061903)
HelpRef : 2063
ExtraInfo :
Submitable : Yes

HelpRef : 2063
Service Center Installer v3.2.1.15

Any Idea Why ?

Thanks again,
J. Rodrigues
Hi João

In fact, this requirement of Case Sensitive collation is a limitation of our platform. It should be independent of the Server collation and it should only require that the OutSystems plataform main catalog collation being case insensitive.

I've submitted this behavior to our Engineering Team for analysis.

Regarding your "new" error message, since it's a timeout, is it possible to be related to a connection problem to your SQL server? Check the "Test Connection" buttons of the Hub Server Configuration tool.

Beyond this, I can see what could be the cause of the error. Is it possible that ISA server is limiting connectivity to the SQL Server?

Cheers

Miguel João
Hi Miguel,

Seams to me that the question is fixed.
I thing the problem was related to some default disabled protocols to connect SQL Server (like TCP/IP). After I enable these ones the process goes OK.
Maybe this issue is in documentation and did'nt read all whith necessary care, if so, sorry for using your time.

I've another question related with permissions to "temp" database I think because I'm using SQL Server Express Edition that don't have (I think) SQLServer Agent. Do you think this one is absolutly necessary ?

Well, Thank you very much again,

Best Regards,
João Rodrigues