How to Get the Label Widget Value in outsystem

How to Get the Label Widget Value in outsystem

Hi, 

may we ask if possible to get the text value of Label in outsystems. Thanks!

Hello Reuben,

Only in runtime you could get the value of the label.

And may I ask what would be your use case?

Regards,

Hello Reuben. Could you please be more specific?

Are you talking about a web or mobile app?

You're referring to a label widget, that is rendered on the screen? These widgets usually have a very simple static text (like "Name", "Address"), and I'm not sure what would be the benefit of reading that text. What are you trying to achieve?

Hi Reuben,

Are you assigning any dynamic values to label? Would like to know your use case.

Suraj Borade wrote:

Hi Reuben,

Are you assigning any dynamic values to label? Would like to know your use case.

Hi,

Thank you for replying. This is only for test case. i just want to try if outsystems possible to get the value of Label widget. btw this my test case is dynamic label. Thank you 

Solution

Hi Reuben,

A dynamic label is a label you can programatically modify at runtime... and OutSystems does support that.

Instead of assigning a static text to the Label's Value property, like Leonardo was mentioning, you can assign a variable. This way the value displayed will be obtained from the variable instead of defined at design time. If you later want to know what value is being displayed by that label, just check what's the value stored in the variable.

Also, this doesn't seem to be the right forum for this discussion, I'll be moving it to Technology & Integration.

Solution

Hi,

Thank you for providing a solution on this. I already now get the value of label by assigning a variable. Thanks