Making a 2D array

Making a 2D array

Hello! 

I am afraid this isnt the right forum to ask this since i dont know where should i ask this question, if so i am very sorry. 

I just wanted to ask how can i make an array so that i can call it in my environment like for example "array[9][15]" as i dont seem to know what to use, entity doesnt seem to fit this neither does list nor record or perhaps im doing it wrong.. 

Thanks in advance. 

Hi Filipe,

The OutSystems Platform doesn't have arrays. There are only Lists (which are one-dimensional indexable, though you typically don't need that). If you have the need for an array in your program (let alone a multi-dimensional one), you are probably trying to solve it in a way that's not the best way using the Platform. If you really, really think you need an array, perhaps creating an Extension is the way to go.

What is your use case? Why do you need an array? What are you trying to solve?

P.S. I moved your question to the Technology forum, which is almost always the right place to ask.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Filipe,

The OutSystems Platform doesn't have arrays. There are only Lists (which are one-dimensional indexable, though you typically don't need that). If you have the need for an array in your program (let alone a multi-dimensional one), you are probably trying to solve it in a way that's not the best way using the Platform. If you really, really think you need an array, perhaps creating an Extension is the way to go.

What is your use case? Why do you need an array? What are you trying to solve?

P.S. I moved your question to the Technology forum, which is almost always the right place to ask.

Thank you for the guide.

Anyways I simply need to have x by y containers in my screen with individual expression values by which i would like to have them accessed in my actions and be able to change the the individual's value the way I wish, in a way that they can be related, so i could ask what is above of that given container (returning the value, if anything is even above) the same applies to any direction.

Nevertheless thank you for your time!