Shared environment

hello, i want to ask something

how can i share my work in my personal environment to my friend so we can make and edit a module (also using the merge and compare)?

Hi Joshua,

As far as I know, you won't be able to do that in your personal environment. It would require creating a new platform user for your friend, which isn't allowed in personal environments. What you can do is have your friend work without publishing and send you the OML file, so that you can compare and merge it with your version (you can do that in "Module/Compare and Merge with Another Version or File").

I might be mistaken, but I don't think you can compare and merge stuff that's from a different environment, just like you can't copy/paste between eSpaces from different environments.

Hello Joshua,

Kilian is right, you cannot merge/compare the oml files, due to Intellectual Property Protection Feature (

You may try changing the activation code, IPP Portal (, but you will get the error of the attached image.

In short, you will not be able to share the work as you describe it.

I would like to ask if you know in which scenarios the change of the activation code will succeed in the IPP portal.

Marco Carreira

@Everyone, thank you for the answer

so i can't share my work to my friends in different environment.

do i need to be in one environment with my friend to make/do a module together?

Hi Joshua,

your last question remained unanswered. 

yes it will have to be in the same environment.