How to display Binary Data in a list

How to display Binary Data in a list

Hi All, 

I have an attribute of type Binary Data , to store few documents corresponding to each row. I'm trying to display the details of the entities in a table but unable to get the binary attribute data alone in the table, though it is getting saved properly. 

Kindly let me know if any option. 

Eg: Row 1 : Name: Doc attached

Row 2: Name: Doc Attached( name of the doc is enough)

Thanks and Regards,

Priya

Hello Pryia.

Not sure what is your problem. What do you mean by "not being able to get the binary alone"?

Usually we had two entities.

1 Is the document information, with user id and relevant info, and 2 is a different entity, with the binary and a Foreign Key to the first or, of you want only one binary by record in 1, you use an extension entity (the Id is of entity 1 identifier).

Than you pit the name of the document in the table records with a link to download it.

So, how is your data model? 

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Pryia.

Not sure what is your problem. What do you mean by "not being able to get the binary alone"?

Usually we had two entities.

1 Is the document information, with user id and relevant info, and 2 is a different entity, with the binary and a Foreign Key to the first or, of you want only one binary by record in 1, you use an extension entity (the Id is of entity 1 identifier).

Than you pit the name of the document in the table records with a link to download it.

So, how is your data model? 

Cheers

Hi Edurado Jauch, 

Im saving a document as a binary data , in one of the attributes of an entity. If I have to view the document saved, may be in a table of records along with other attributes of that entity, what will be the best way to view it. 

When I try to include the Entity in the table of records, the attribute with datatype Binary data alone is not visible. Is there a way to show just the filename in that column and link it with the Binary data saved or to download the document added before.

Thanks and Regards,

Priya

Solution

Hello Pryia.

You need to add a field to save the file name. The file name is not saved in the binary. 

But yah, you can have a link that points to a screen action where in the end you finish with a download widget.

Cheers

Solution