Input form data changes

Input form data changes

Hi 

I have one webscreen with a form. An user will see a short resume in one  popup before it saves any changes the user does in the form. The form in the webscreen  has several input boxes with long strings.It is necessary a way to pass any updated values from a form  to a popup (there is a button to open a popup). So input parameters to the pop up is not an option. The other option would be using session variables. Is there another way to save these changes made in any parameter  of the form to pass those updated values to the popup besides using session variables?

using session variables, I did this way: in the preparation of the webscreen I set the SESSION VARIABLE to the value it has in the database, i.e. coming from the aggregate. It shows the correct value (we can say the date of the bill). If someone changes this value in the box (because it is not in the right date, for example), it will run an ON CHANGE that has basically set the session variable to the value coming from the record. 

Then, along with other several other values, in the popup preparation we need to set the value of the date of bill assigned to the session variable. And in this way we can see any changes from the form to the pop up. it worked. Is there any way to achieve this?

Thanks. 

HI Almeida,

You can have only one input of string type to popup. in that input you can send all the values which are in form by separating "|" (you can use anything). at the time of saving data use string split. 

Example below:

say for example your form having inputtext1,inputtext2. 

then pop up will have input like inputtext1+"|"+inputtext2.

on notify of popup close. you can write save logic.

Thanks,

Ramakrushna Rao Seera

the problem : it turns out too big for the url, strings can be really long (over 200 characters) and if we send it as input p+arameter will increase the URL length of the popup   and the popup will not even open and not running the preparation. it will collapse..if i am not mistaken we only can send input parameters if the info is not too long (also a good idea to not use too many input parameters). 

Hello Jorge,

Have you thought of using a modal instead of a popup?

It would save you a lot of trouble, as the modal is in the page, so you have direct access to the form's content.

Cheers.

Hi Eduardo

I must say I never heard about modal (unless a similar word in statistics classes :D). If I understood well, are you  referring to the toggleModal ? 

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Jorge,

Have you thought of using a modal instead of a popup?

It would save you a lot of trouble, as the modal is in the page, so you have direct access to the form's content.

Cheers.

Hey Jauch,

What is model here? Could you please explain bit more about it?

thanks,

Ramakrushna Rao Seera

Hi,

I'm talking about the SilkUi Modal pattern:

https://silkui.outsystems.com/Patterns_Web.aspx#Web_Content_Modal

It is a pattern you add to the screen, with placeholders to put title, content and buttons, and through the toogleModal action, you make it appear and disappear.

Cheers