Uploading data from excel to database

Uploading data from excel to database

How can we upload data from excel to outsystems database or to external database from UI screen?

Hi Anasuya,

This is so incredibly basic, that I can only ask you to follow the tutorials. Pretty early on this is explained in great detail (hint: it's very easy!).

Hi ..I am new to outsystems .So I am learning now..I have  created the basic functionality by the upload widget on front end and creating a screen action to the upload button and connecting a server action to the the screen action.The server action has been made as it is done in bootstrap from excel functionality.But on clicking on submit button it is giving "Error - Empty (0 bytes) excel file received." error.I have been trying the fixes given in the community but of no benefit.

Use Excel To Record List action.

Your Excel binary (from upload widget) should be put into File Content property.

You also need record definition, create structure that mimic your excel file columns.

Lastly, choose Sheet Name, or empty it for first sheet.

Anasuya Chakraborty wrote:

Hi ..I am new to outsystems .So I am learning now..I have  created the basic functionality by the upload widget on front end and creating a screen action to the upload button and connecting a server action to the the screen action.The server action has been made as it is done in bootstrap from excel functionality.But on clicking on submit button it is giving "Error - Empty (0 bytes) excel file received." error.I have been trying the fixes given in the community but of no benefit.

Hi Anasuya,

How are you passing the uploaded Excel file to the Excel To Record List tool?

Thanks Harlin for your response.

I have done this.But still the error is coming.I think I need to do some change to the widget properties or UI. I ahve bootstrap an empty excel with the column headers to my entity.However I am unable to select this value in Record Definition.

Hi Martins..I have one upload widget in UI and upload button to Submit.The destination of the button is one screen action where I have linked a server action similar to the above screenshot.