Getting Image to change

  

Hi,

I have specific "Home Buttons" ,so have to use image instead of Icons. I'm wanting the "Home" button to change from Active to InActive like below , so once you've clicked the button the image changes before you go to the "Other Screen"

I've added a client Action to try get this as per attached but i keep getting

Can you help ? Feel free to edit the attached.

Regards

Nidia

Hello Nidia,

You have an INFINITE LOOPING in your application.

When the action HomeActive is called, it calls itself again. It will stop only when there is no more memory available. Than the error.

Not sure what you are trying to do...
So, if you are in HOME, the link must be disabled, and if you are in other page, it must be activated?

If so, you will need control variable or something that allows you to change the icon based on this controler.

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Nidia,

You have an INFINITE LOOPING in your application.

When the action HomeActive is called, it calls itself again. It will stop only when there is no more memory available. Than the error.

Not sure what you are trying to do...
So, if you are in HOME, the link must be disabled, and if you are in other page, it must be activated?

If so, you will need control variable or something that allows you to change the icon based on this controler.

Cheers.

"If so, you will need control variable or something that allows you to change the icon based on this controler."

Yes, this what im trying to do. How do i create a "control variable"? So that when you click on the Image it changes from showing the "HomeInactive" 

to 

?

Can you send me example?


You mean you want to create a simple button rollover effect using an image? Like once a person presses the image the other image appears. Or when a person is on a specific screen the right image is displayed on the menu for that screen?


Hi Nidia,

You can use the If widget to do that. And insert one image in the True part of the If and the other image on the False part.

In the condition you set it to a boolean variable (IsActive) and in your Client Action you just change the value of the variable (IsActive) to True or False (or to not IsActive)

Cheers,

José

José Costa wrote:

Hi Nidia,

You can use the If widget to do that. And insert one image in the True part of the If and the other image on the False part.

In the condition you set it to a boolean variable (IsActive) and in your Client Action you just change the value of the variable (IsActive) to True or False (or to not IsActive)

Cheers,

José

Hi Jose,

Sorry to trouble you but i'm almost there.

I've done per your above and now close. I've created an Onclick action but when i click the picture is not changing



How would you write the boolean variable? Where does it go? As a Variable or on the Action as a handle on the condition?

Nidia Cochrane wrote:

José Costa wrote:

Hi Nidia,

You can use the If widget to do that. And insert one image in the True part of the If and the other image on the False part.

In the condition you set it to a boolean variable (IsActive) and in your Client Action you just change the value of the variable (IsActive) to True or False (or to not IsActive)

Cheers,

José

Hi Jose,

Sorry to trouble you but i'm almost there.

I've done per your above and now close. I've created an Onclick action but when i click the picture is not changing



Hi, is there anyone that can help with this?


Regards

Nidia


Hi Nidia,

Could you share your (new) oml again?

Cheers,

José

Solution

Hi Nidia,

I did not see that you had already shared the oml.

Check this oml in attach. When you click on the image the Client Action will run and toggle the value of the variable that says if you show one image or the other.

Cheers,

José

Solution

José Costa wrote:

Hi Nidia,

I did not see that you had already shared the oml.

Check this oml in attach. When you click on the image the Client Action will run and toggle the value of the variable that says if you show one image or the other.

Cheers,

José


Hi thank you Jose :)

Please let me look at your example. I will try tomorrow, as got home very late.

If im still stuck then i will send you my oml tomorrow, updated with these changes if ok?

Thank very much and appreciate all your support :)

Regards

Nidia

Hi Jose,

I managed to get this working , thanks to your help.

I can see i need more understanding of the use of "Assignments" and will go and seek learning on that.

Thank you ever so much for your excellence level of support :)

Regards

Nidia