Hi,

I wanted to create a sign up page for users and i assigned roles for the users to.But in this process I have a problem with password, one thing is password option was not coming in my UI so i assigned default password and created user. But i can't login with that password unless i set the password in my personal environment.Why is that ??

Hi Devu,

I'm not sure what you mean. As an admin, you create new users using the Users eSpace. You must also set the initial password. If you want to allow users to chose their own password, you can create a Screen for that (note that by default, apps based on SilkUI get such a screen called "MyInfo").

If you want users to be able to register without the admin manually creating the user, you must create a Screen for that. In the Screen logic, you must then create the user in the database (i.e. storing a User Record in the User Entity, etc.).

Hello Devu,
Would you mind telling me more about your issue, I don't think I understood correctly. 

Are you using the Users API to create the new users? 

Kind regards

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Devu,

I'm not sure what you mean. As an admin, you create new users using the Users eSpace. You must also set the initial password. If you want to allow users to chose their own password, you can create a Screen for that (note that by default, apps based on SilkUI get such a screen called "MyInfo").

If you want users to be able to register without the admin manually creating the user, you must create a Screen for that. In the Screen logic, you must then create the user in the database (i.e. storing a User Record in the User Entity, etc.).

Hi Kilian,

If we have too much users it will be difficult for admin to create all user and give them their usernames and passwords. That's why i decided to give that access to users.For that i created a user edit page with the system provided user table and but all the fields except password field was shown in the user detail page. So i used assign tool in the save action to save a default password as same as their mobile number. The password is stored as remaining details in the user table.But still i can't login. (I noted a difference in the password thus stored, which is, it was not stored in an encrypted format).Is it the problem?

Regards,

Devu

Ho Devu.

1. You can add a form field for the user to add its own password. 

2. Password must be stored encrypted. You can use the actions from PlatformPasswordUtils module to do it.

Cheers.

Solution

Hi Devu,

First, for some reason, if you drag an entity onto a screen, the form that is automagically created does not contain Password fields. I don't know why, and I think it's strange, but you can manually add the right field.

Secondly, yes, not encrypting the password is exaxctly the problem. Of course you should never store unencrypted passwords, and the Platform needs an encrypted password to work. Use the EncryptPassword() from the Users eSpace to do this before saving the record.

Solution