[BLE Plugin] Problem with Data Transfer on IOS Device

[BLE Plugin] Problem with Data Transfer on IOS Device

  
Forge Component
(5)
Published on 25 Oct by G. Andrew Duthie
5 votes
Published on 25 Oct by G. Andrew Duthie

The BLE Plugin works fine for Android devices but when compiling the same application for IOS, no data can be received.

Neither through read nor through the listener.

Does the Cordova API not support IOS?

How could I go about solving this?

Thanks!

Torben Hellmuth wrote:

The BLE Plugin works fine for Android devices but when compiling the same application for IOS, no data can be received.

Neither through read nor through the listener.

Does the Cordova API not support IOS?

How could I go about solving this?

Thanks!

I also have an issue with the write action. It says "Writing not permitted". Seems like my app doesn't have permission to send messages over BLE.

Any ideas? 


Solution

Torben Hellmuth wrote:

Torben Hellmuth wrote:

The BLE Plugin works fine for Android devices but when compiling the same application for IOS, no data can be received.

Neither through read nor through the listener.

Does the Cordova API not support IOS?

How could I go about solving this?

Thanks!

I also have an issue with the write action. It says "Writing not permitted". Seems like my app doesn't have permission to send messages over BLE.

Any ideas? 


Solved it.

Cordova write action is not permitted. Using writeWithoutResponse works. 

The listener was always working and just seemed faulty because of the write action.


Solution

How did you solve this problem . recently i am going to move Android to iPhone ,

Torben Hellmuth wrote:

Torben Hellmuth wrote:

Torben Hellmuth wrote:

The BLE Plugin works fine for Android devices but when compiling the same application for IOS, no data can be received.

Neither through read nor through the listener.

Does the Cordova API not support IOS?

How could I go about solving this?

Thanks!

I also have an issue with the write action. It says "Writing not permitted". Seems like my app doesn't have permission to send messages over BLE.

Any ideas? 


Solved it.

Cordova write action is not permitted. Using writeWithoutResponse works. 

The listener was always working and just seemed faulty because of the write action.



Well , Would you like to share some details?