Update Data after CSV Export

Update Data after CSV Export

Hi,

with the CSVUtil Extension I am able to create a CSV for my selected data, which I can download.
After the successful download I like to mark the data in my table as downloaded (update status-column).

But it seems like the download is an end-node. Furthermore i would need to get the result of the download dialog, to see if the user has canceled the download.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks!

Solution

Hi Jan,

The Download is indeed an End node. The reasons for this is technical (the way HTTP works etc.) and has little to do with the Platform (because of the same reason you can't use an Ajax Submit that ends in a Download). The general way to circumvent this is to add a hidden button or link to the screen that does the actual download, and the visible download button or link be an Ajax Submit that uses a Widget Click (from RichWidgets) to click on the hidden widget.

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Jan,

The Download is indeed an End node. The reasons for this is technical (the way HTTP works etc.) and has little to do with the Platform (because of the same reason you can't use an Ajax Submit that ends in a Download). The general way to circumvent this is to add a hidden button or link to the screen that does the actual download, and the visible download button or link be an Ajax Submit that uses a Widget Click (from RichWidgets) to click on the hidden widget.

Thank you Kilian,

do you mean this Widget Click?

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/223/widget-click/

Hi Jan,

I think Kilian is referring to this one, part of the RichWidgets module...

Thank you Jorge,

I found it and it works.