Wrong redirection

Wrong redirection

Hi,

On click, i get redirected to an error page. I understand it is because of the exception (below) - 

Stack:java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException: java.lang.NullPointerException
   at outsystems.hubedition.webwidgets.OSUserControl.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at outsystems.hubedition.webwidgets.managedbean.WebBlock.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at outsystems.hubedition.webwidgets.managedbean.ProxyWebBlock.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at osom_apm_common.referencesproxy.rssespaceom_util.webwidgets.WBlkHtmlTags_Label.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
   at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
   at outsystems.hubedition.webwidgets.uicomponent.os_controls.WebBlockInstanceComponent.$wob(Unknown Source)
   at outsystems.hubedition.webwidgets.uicomponent.os_controls.WebBlockInstanceComponent.getBean(Unknown Source)
   at outsystems.hubedition.webwidgets.uicomponent.os_controls.WebBlockInstanceComponent.$isb(Unknown Source)
   at outsystems.hubedition.webwidgets.uicomponent.os_controls.WebBlockInstanceComponent.innerProcessDecodes(Unknown Source)
   at outsystems.hubedition.webwidgets.uicomponent.AbstractWebComponent.processDecodes(Unknown Source)
   at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.processDecodes(Unknown Source)
   at outsystems.hubedition.webwidgets.uicomponent.AbstractWebComponent.innerProcessDecodes(Unknown Source)
   at outsystems.hubedition.webwidgets.uicomponent.AbstractWebComponent.processDecodes(Unknown Source)
   at outsystems.hubedition.webwidgets.uicomponent.AbstractWebComponent.innerProcessDecodes(Unknown Source)
   at javax.faces.component.UIForm.processDecodes(Unknown Source)
   at outsystems.hubedition.webwidgets.uicomponent.os_controls.PageComponent.innerProcessDecodes(Unknown Source)
   at javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.processDecodes(Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.ApplyRequestValuesPhase.execute(Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.Phase.doPhase(Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(Unknown Source)
   at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:295)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:214)
   at outsystems.hubedition.webwidgets.BaseRequestStartupFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)
   at osom_apm_common.RequestStartupFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:246)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:214)
   at outsystems.hubedition.webwidgets.filters.HttpContextFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:246)
   at outsystems.hubedition.webwidgets.filters.CacheControlFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:231)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:149)
   at org.jboss.as.web.security.SecurityContextAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityContextAssociationValve.java:169)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:151)
   at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:97)
   at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:559)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:102)
   at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:343)
   at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:854)
   at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:656)
   at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:926)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

This exception comes always in IE and sometimes in chrome. Any help would be really appreciated.

Hi Riddhi,

Can you please elaborate the issue or steps you are performing and try to refresh all the references of the solution and try again.

Regards,

MJ

Manish Jawla wrote:

Hi Riddhi,

Can you please elaborate the issue or steps you are performing and try to refresh all the references of the solution and try again.

Regards,

MJ

Hey Manish,

This is happening in my Login page. When i click on LOGIN button without entering Username and Password, instead of throwing an error message, the page redirects to "Internal Error" page. This issue happens consistently in IE and sometimes in chorme, after i clear browser cache. 

All the references are updated. Also, this problem is not restricted to a solution. Its happening across multiple solutions, i don't think its outdated reference which is causing this.

Hi Riddhi,

I can see three situations where this might occur:

1: You are using Ajax refresh on a widget that is not showing on the page (a widget in an If branch not currently appearing)

2: You might be using a Get action inside a Get action, where the first one is not returning anything (.e.g GetUser(GetDeveloper(DeveloperId).Developer.UserId).User.Name). In this case, if there is no Developer with DeveloperId, an error like yours occurs.

3: If you are using an extension that returns an attribute with a null value (undefined in Outsystems) and you use that value in a widget, an error like this occurs

I have had similar errors in the situations I mentioned using the .Net platform. In my case I had object reference not set to an instance of an object, which is the .Net equivalent of Java's NullPointerException.

I hope you can fix your issue,

João Mateus