Using iOS Testflight

Using iOS Testflight

We are in the process of creating a mobile app that we would like to send out to a large group of beta users.  The testflight process for iOS looks to be the easiest way to distribute a beta build out to a large group.  

We would like the beta users to be connected to actual production data so this requires an ipa file created from our production environment.  

This should work out fine for the first release but going forward this process would no longer work as both the beta testers along with actual production apps will automatically get updated when we publish a new build to production.

Is there any way around this other then using a different environment for our beta testflight builds?

If you does not change/add native cordova plugin, then basically ipa still the same.

UI and Logic will be pushed to app. 

I still doesn't understand your concerns... 

Harlin Setiadarma wrote:

If you does not change/add native cordova plugin, then basically ipa still the same.

UI and Logic will be pushed to app. 

I still doesn't understand your concerns... 

the concern would be after the first time we submit the outsystems mobile app to the app store and it is being used in production.  When we want our beta users to test some new functionality since both ipa files would have been built from the production environment there is no way to only allow the beta users to see the new functionality.  Unless our testflight build comes from a different environment.

You can create new application then clone your released module, then move it to that app, don't forget to set it as home module.

Implement new features into cloned module.

That way, you get to create a brand new ipa and espace endpoint, while still connecting to the same data (you put entity into a separate core module right?).

But I think the best solution is to have separate environment for testing.

Because you cannot add junk data during testing into your live production server right?