Google Login plugin issue

Google Login plugin issue

Hi, me and a friend are working on a school project and we are making an app where users can log in with their google+ account. I followed the standard tutorial from Outsystems lab. But i can't get the logic of my login button to work, someone on the forum told me to put the serverside action thats located in Server Actions > System > Login right before the home destination but i can't seem to drag it in place or select it in any way. Someone please help it needs to work tomorrow morning. 

Hi Hidde,

Can you provide more info or share the OML?

Cheers,

Renato

Hidde Kemperink wrote:

Hi, me and a friend are working on a school project and we are making an app where users can log in with their google+ account. I followed the standard tutorial from Outsystems lab. But i can't get the logic of my login button to work, someone on the forum told me to put the serverside action thats located in Server Actions > System > Login right before the home destination but i can't seem to drag it in place or select it in any way. Someone please help it needs to work tomorrow morning. 

Hi Renato Torres, 

Thanks for the reply, i have included the .oml file. Could you also take a look at the GoogleLogin and ValidateAndLoginGoogleUser actions? I'm not sure if i've got them set up right

Hi Hidde,

Couldn't do a deep dive on this.

Have you followed all the steps indicated here https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/25867/how-to-configure-the-google-plus-login-plugin ?

Also, this plugin is not supported in OutSystems Now, so you must test it on a real phone.

The list of supported plugins are:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Extensibility_and_Integration/Mobile_Plugins

Good luck,

Renato

Hidde Kemperink wrote:

Hi Renato Torres, 

Thanks for the reply, i have included the .oml file. Could you also take a look at the GoogleLogin and ValidateAndLoginGoogleUser actions? I'm not sure if i've got them set up right

Yes we followed all the steps in detail. Do you have any alternatives to make a good login system? We just want an app that lets users login/register and then make a post that shows up on the home page. Thats all, and we've been struggling for 1 month.

Solution

If you want to map Google email to Outsystems user, you should set IsMapUser to true, and CreateGoogleUser to true in the Google Login action.

If you don't want to map/add google users to your Outsystems, then you need to login using predefined userid.

You need to wrap (System) -> Login with server action.

This is how you can do it:

1. Drag Run Server Action to before destination node

2. Click New Server Action

3. Name your server action, and then double click it.

4. Drag (System) -> Login action

5. Set Login property, userid with a predefined userid, persistent to true

6. Done.

Solution