Restricting Post for posting containing swear words

Restricting Post for posting containing swear words

Hi all,

I am working on a social network application. I want to accomplish a task like when the post contains swear words, it should be restricted by the application for posting. Can anyone know how to do this in outsystems?

best regards,

Hassan

for starters i would start by a simple search and replace, based on a dictionary.

Although you can build this from scratch, evaluate if it's just easier to use a 3rd party service, such as perspectiveapi.com (I don't have any experience with it though).

You can also try https://www.webpurify.com

It has 14-days free trial and offers easy REST API to do text checking.

Harlin Setiadarma wrote:

You can also try https://www.webpurify.com

It has 14-days free trial and offers easy REST API to do text checking.

hi harlin, 

i am working for client. i want to implement this permanently  not for two weeks. Is there any other alternative to it..? any validation condition that can restrict..?

regards

The safest no third party solution is to do your own full list of swear words.

I would use the help of external sites like No Swearing and articles with stat about popular words in social networks like this one.

That would force users to write *'s in the middle of the word.

Of course that would mean that the word is always blocked. The ideal approach is to integrate with some AI solution to see if the intention of the sentence is to insult. Sentiment analysis is quite good these days.

Neutrino offers an API for that, but I never use it.

Nuno Reis wrote:

The safest no third party solution is to do your own full list of swear words.

I would use the help of external sites like No Swearing and articles with stat about popular words in social networks like this one.

That would force users to write *'s in the middle of the word.

Of course that would mean that the word is always blocked. The ideal approach is to integrate with some AI solution to see if the intention of the sentence is to insult. Sentiment analysis is quite good these days.

Neutrino offers an API for that, but I never use it.

Hi nuno thanks for the response

how can i use this API in my application? can you please guide?

Regards

Hi, most good APIs need a paid license.

14-days trial are for you to test if it suits your needs.

If there's free API for this, then good for you and please share with us.