[Local Notifications Plugin] How to set text in local notification

[Local Notifications Plugin] How to set text in local notification

  
Forge Component
(4)
Published on 2016-12-15 by OutSystems R&D
4 votes
Published on 2016-12-15 by OutSystems R&D

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate this in my mobile app: https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/20830/how-to-schedule-a-local-notification/


I receive a local notification in my mobile when the app is in the background but there are not text in the notification, how i can set any text here?

Regards, 

Jordi.

Solution

Hello.


There is a structure for notifications.

Id, Title, Text and At are the minimum fields required.

Id is so that you can cancel it.

Title is, well, the title.

Text is the field that you seem to be missing.

At is the moment when it will be triggered.

Solution

Nuno Reis wrote:

Hello.


There is a structure for notifications.

Id, Title, Text and At are the minimum fields required.

Id is so that you can cancel it.

Title is, well, the title.

Text is the field that you seem to be missing.

At is the moment when it will be triggered.

Hi Nuno,

First for all, thanks for your reply,


Yes, that structure I have, but do not put a text on the notification itself that appears on my phone. Do I have to put the text in that field or something similar? Another question, the notification only appears when the application is in the background, is there any way to make it appear with the application running?

Regards,

Jordi.

You need to assign the text to the Text field, as well as the other 3 mentioned.

There is a good description on how to use this post.

Nuno Reis wrote:

You need to assign the text to the Text field, as well as the other 3 mentioned.

There is a good description on how to use this post.

Hi Nuno,

Yes, I've got it, thanks. On the other hand, do you know if I can receive the notification with the application on running? Right now I only receive it if it's in the background.

Thanks,

Jordi.

Assume it as something at the device and independent from the app.

It should appear with the app open, minimized and closed.

Although, why do you need a notification if the app is open? Just use a message.

Nuno Reis wrote:

Assume it as something at the device and independent from the app.

It should appear with the app open, minimized and closed.

Although, why do you need a notification if the app is open? Just use a message.

Yes, i got it, thanks.

Regards,

Jordi.