Websocket in OutSystems Mobile

Hi, 

I am looking for a WebSocket which i can use in the mobile development of OutSystems. I used the PusherWebSockets component for the web version which worked perfectly. Now i tried to reconfigure this component to an mobile version but it didn't worked out. 

Is there a component that works almost the same as the PusherWebSockets for Mobile? I tried the WebSocket component for Mobile, but it isn't the same. I also tried to created my own socket server with NodeJS and doing some JavaScript in OutSystems, but I am not an expert in that area.

Thanks in advance! 

Hi Jorick,

Have you seen this Forge component? I haven't used it myself, but from the description I gather it might be what you're looking for.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Jorick,

Have you seen this Forge component? I haven't used it myself, but from the description I gather it might be what you're looking for.

I have tried this component, but it didn't work for me. 

Well, that's a bit vague, "it didn't work for me". What have you tried? What exactly didn't work?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Well, that's a bit vague, "it didn't work for me". What have you tried? What exactly didn't work?

I do not have much experience with websockets. I downloaded this component, tried to configure it, but it didn't work for me like PusherWebSockets did. That's why i was searching for a component like that. I wasn't able to trigger an action after a connection was send/received.

Hey Jorick,

Did you took a look on the community firebase components (Web or mobile)?

Basically you put it on your layout and depending on the message raises a different event for the screen/block.

The inapp chat component uses firebase for the ping mechanism under the hood if you want to check the implementation.

Hope it helps

Henrique Batista wrote:

Hey Jorick,

Did you took a look on the community firebase components (Web or mobile)?

Basically you put it on your layout and depending on the message raises a different event for the screen/block.

The inapp chat component uses firebase for the ping mechanism under the hood if you want to check the implementation.

Hope it helps

Hi,

I fixed it with Firebase components, thank you! I shared ths OML file on the forge. :-) 

Great Jorick!