Editable Table

Is it possible to have cell with if statement to display two different controls(Input and a combo box).

So, what i have is an editable table, which loads a value from the database. What want is when the user clicks on a row the combo box to display a list of items which user can select and hide the input box( both the controls are enclosed in a if statement, however am not getting what condition is available for me check.

If above is not possible, is it possible to set a default value of a combo box in a editable table cell with a value which is come from the database and is the subset of the drop down list.

Regards

Sunil Babar

Hi Sunil,

Quick question, the combobox shows the list of items, like you said. But what about the input box? What is it use?

In which conditions you want to show the input box?

Abílio Matos

If user is in edit mode, i want to have the combo box displayed or else i want the input box to display.

Just a question...is it possible to set the default value of combo box to value coming from database...How?

Regards

Sunil Babar

But if the editable isn't in edit mode, it shows the combo box like a "label" with the value the user selected. You can change the look of it with CSS. 

I don't believe you need an if to switch between a combo box and a input box.

It is possible to set the default value of the combo box by using the Variable property of that combo box to the field of the aggregate/list that you use to retrieve the data from database.

Look at the properties highlighted below:

Abílio Matos