Loosing Session in 4.1 ....

Loosing Session in 4.1 ....

Hi, I installed Hub Server 4.1 (not Express) in a test machine, for testing some apps i've on the production system...

All single-tenant apps seem to load just fine, but when i click on a menu that would redirect me for some other page, and do a check session, i notice that session variables were lost.

I checked sessionState element mode, and it's set to SQLServer, which is supposed, or so i believe..

Any one knows what might be the problem??

Best regards,

Diogo CS Cordeiro
Hi Diogo

Are you using cookies?

Have you properly configured the Session State in the Hub Server Configuration Tool?

With 4.1, the sessionState element in machine.config is not used anymore, as stated in the document Side Effects and Breaking Changes in Version 4.1

Cheers

Miguel João
Hi , I've checked aspnet 2.0 configuration and the UseCookies option is set, as well as the state SQLServer....

Is it supposed to be like this?

Best Regards,

Diogo CS Cordeiro
Hi Diogo

The session state configuration in .NET Framework 2.0 is directly managed by the OutSystems Configuration Tool 4.1, so avoid changing it directly in the machine.config file.

The question at hand is not related to the .NET Framework session state configuration. The problem here is that you're trying to access the same session objects in different application domains. Since in fact, they are different sessions, the session variables are also different.

That's why you loose your session variables when you jump from an application (eSpace) to another, because they are in fact different objects. This is the normal behavior of session management for .NET applications.

In 4.1, however, is possible to share the same session in different applications (eSpaces) by using the new Single Sign-on feature. more details on how it works can be found in the forum topic What's New in OutSystems Platform 4.1.

By setting one of the eSpaces as the User Provider, any User Provider Consumer will share it's users and session.

Hope this information was helpful.

Cheers

Miguel João
You are talking about changing eSpaces....but I am talking about changing screens...

I have a menu through wich i access screens...but when i press a link to another screen, the session seems to be lost...

Best Regards,

Diogo CS Cordeiro