[Pushwoosh Plugin] Can't get plugin to install

[Pushwoosh Plugin] Can't get plugin to install

Forge Component
(9)
Published on 26 Jul (4 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D
9 votes
Published on 26 Jul (4 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D

Hello Team,

I'm trying to implement the pushwoosh plugin into my mobile app (Andriod Build). I've done everything as documented about installing plugin but no matter what i do checkpushwooshplugin always returns "plugin not present or not loaded".

I'm stuck and don't know what to do about this. Can anyone assist?

With Gratitude

Joe

Hello Joe,

I'm going to assume you've done everything exactly as documented here, right?

If you're doing this, maybe you can share a "lite" version of your OML so we can take a look and help?

Thanks,

Armando

Hi Armando,

Thank you so much for replying so quickly. Yes, i've followed these instructions to the letter but with no success.

I will add that i'm new to outsystems but i am a developer and love the platform and have chosen it to build my mobile app.

I've attached the OML here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

With Gratitude

Joe

Hello Joe,

I'll take a closer look later, but I have a question: after you login, does the device count on Pushwoosh Control Panel reflects it? Or, in other words, what happens on "RegisterDevice" when you log in?

I'm not an expert in the subject, but since you're using the CheckPushwooshPlugin action in the OnReady event of a screen and since the Pushwoosh plugin is initialized on the Layout, I would say that it's possible the event is fired even before the plugin is fully loaded, throwing the false at it.

Let me know if this helps,

Armando

Hi Armando,

No, no devices are registered when i login. I have configured the pushwoosh side and it says that the andriod platform is configured correctly and ready to receive.

Also, i've added the checkpushwoosh plugin on the layoutblock and homescreen layout block just to test.

thanks 

joe

After a long but very pleasant discussion, we were able to make it work! For some reason, the code was not being included in the app despite regenerating the app.

We removed the eSpaces, reinstalled it from the forge and voilá, it worked.