Registered end-user

Registered end-user

Hi....I would like to know how do you calculate the registered end-users and what do you mean by that??

After many days uploading, i tried to upload a new app, and suddenly the registered-end users manifested to 4 times that those allowed, and i don't understand why

Best regards,

Diogo CS Cordeiro
Hi Diogo,

You can see the registered end-users (users that can login into your applications) in OutSystems Service Center->Administration->Licensing->Registered End Users.

The free version of OutSystems Express Edition is limited to 5 registered users, but it is possible to license additional user packs.

If you need any further information, please let us know.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões
Well, i know where to check how many there are, i just don't know how to control the number of registered-end users, and that's what i would like to do.....

Where can i limit this number?

Best Regards,

Diogo CS Cordeiro
To limit the number of registered users you should remove unused users by deleting the records in the user entity. If you are using Enterprise Manager notice that this functionality is still not complete, but it will be available very soon in a future release.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões
Hi Diogo,

Which version of the OutSystems Platform are you using?

In version 4.1 you don't need to know in development or runtime the number of Registered End-Users because the User Entity Actions automatically check the limits and raise a Licensing Exception once the user action would cause a license violation. This means the CreateUser, the UpdateUser and the CreateOrUpdateUser Actions will raise such exception if you already have, for instance 5 users, and try to create or enable another and have a license limited to that number.

Therefore you must only add the usual error handling logic to your login screen so that the user receives the appropriated message.

Unless you have downgraded your license, the behavior you described should not occur as the Licensing Framework assures the well behaved use of the Platform never leads to a license violation problem, hence being non intrusive and transparent to developers.

For further information on this, please consult the Service Studio Online Help, namely the topic Licensing Exception.

Hope this helps,

Rodrigo Castelo
I'm not using 4.1 in this case, but just upgraded to 4.0.1.71, and the problem came after that....

I have more than 700 users in my table... but registered-end user report to 103 ....

I replicated my production environment sometime from now, and have been working like this...

The problem appeared with the upgrade....

I don't understand why you limit like this......The fact i have this many users doesn't mean any of them accesses my server......I can't delete users, because there are many references from other tables....

Not limiting the number of users allows to extent the test environment.....Why don't you limit ip's instead of users?
Hi Diogo,

Registered End-Users are end-users or devices entitled to access or otherwise utilize the applications residing on any of your servers. If you have 700 enabled users in your table, this means that you are allowing 700 different persons to access your applications.

In case your license had, for instance, a limit of 100 Registered End-Users and you have more than 700 enabled users in your table, then you are actually violating the licensing contract you agreed with OutSystems.

Note however that you don't need to delete the users but only to set is Is_Active bit to false, since if you do so, such users will not be able to login into your applications. As such, users not enabled (Is_Active = False) do not account for Registered End-Users. Also, users of deleted eSpaces do not account for Registered End-Users. These two reasons probably justify the 700 to 103 difference you mentioned.

Hope this helps,

Rodrigo Castelo
Well I've made the users inactive, but still believe that those two aren't the only reasons to measure registered users....

I currently have several applications, for which users are repeated....and that's problably the main reason for the high number of users... In the future i will centralize this....

Anyway, i've managed to solve the problem by deactivating several users....

Best regards,

Diogo CS Cordeiro