ECT_Provider and custom user provider issues

ECT_Provider and custom user provider issues

Does anyone have experience using the ECT_Provider on applications that have a custom user provider? The ECT_Provider seems to work fine for most applications however when we use it with one that has a custom written user provider it does not take screen captures. I suspect this could be because the ECT_Provider is using the "Users" user provider but the app is using the custom one.

Sorry, by "App" I'm talking about a web application not mobile application.

John Williams wrote:

Does anyone have experience using the ECT_Provider on applications that have a custom user provider? The ECT_Provider seems to work fine for most applications however when we use it with one that has a custom written user provider it does not take screen captures. I suspect this could be because the ECT_Provider is using the "Users" user provider but the app is using the custom one.

Hi John,

You are correct.

The "user provider" of ECT_Provider module is "Users", so the feedback mechanisms will only work in modules sharing this same "user provider".

Cheers,

João

Actually it looks like the ect_provider has stopped capturing for ALL our applications including those using the Users

Solution

Just in case anyone else faces a similar issue, with the help of Outsystems Support we found our issues. It turns out that the ECT_Provider will work fine with custom user providers. The actual problem turned out to be that we were using a service called HotJar to track user activity and the javascript installed by HotJar was incompatible with the ECT_Provider. Removing HotJar fixed the issue.

Solution

Thanks John for providing the updates and completing the thread.