[WEB] Screen action/Destination from (TableRecords) row's extended propierties.

[WEB] Screen action/Destination from (TableRecords) row's extended propierties.

Hi,

So far, I have some links with its required destination in order to perform a screen change which works pretty well, nothing to worry about. The problem is I've been trying to make it a little bit more user-friendly so instead of clicking the text, clickling anywhere along the row's surface will be enough to trigger a server action with the required destination component.

Is there any way to trigger screen actions from extended properties? Namely, onclick property.

Cheers.

Jordi.

Hi Jordi,

Take one button and associate that screen action with that button. Now hide that button. Write one javascript function to click that hidden button and call that javascript function on onclick property.

Thanks and Regards,

Suraj Borade

Solution

Hi Jordi,

If you surround your row's content with a Container, you can have an action being triggered with On Click property.

Solution

João Heleno wrote:

Hi Jordi,

If you surround your row's content with a Container, you can have an action being triggered with On Click property.

I've tried this and is working as I wanted it to be the only problems I've found are:

-Even though the onclick property is working and changing the screen, the mouse cursor won't change its icon to the well known "hand" ( the one you can see on your screenshot ) so it doesn't get as user friendly as I wanted it to be because there is no point on having a working link that only developers know where it is. I hope you can get my point here.

-In your screenshots it looks like you're using a ListRecord component while I'm using a TableRecord component. This forced me to use one container for each cell instead of just one container for the whole row ( a bit of extra work but nothing to make a mess of).

Jordi Gisbert Ponsoda wrote:

João Heleno wrote:

Hi Jordi,

If you surround your row's content with a Container, you can have an action being triggered with On Click property.

I've tried this and is working as I wanted it to be the only problems I've found are:

-Even though the onclick property is working and changing the screen, the mouse cursor won't change its icon to the well known "hand" ( the one you can see on your screenshot ) so it doesn't get as user friendly as I wanted it to be because there is no point on having a working link that only developers know where it is. I hope you can get my point here.

-In your screenshots it looks like you're using a ListRecord component while I'm using a TableRecord component. This forced me to use one container for each cell instead of just one container for the whole row ( a bit of extra work but nothing to make a mess of).

Jordi,

Do a CSS class and assign it to the container.

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

.Hand{
    cursor: pointer;
}

Abílio Matos

Abilio Matos wrote:

Jordi Gisbert Ponsoda wrote:

João Heleno wrote:

Hi Jordi,

Jordi,

Do a CSS class and assign it to the container.

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

.Hand{
    cursor: pointer;
}

Abílio Matos

Together with João's solution, this worked pretty well, thank you!

Jordi.

Jordi,

Glad we could help you get the result you wanted.

Abílio Matos