[Barcode Plugin] Problem with ios 11

[Barcode Plugin] Problem with ios 11

Forge Component
(6)
Published on 28 Mar (3 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D
6 votes
Published on 28 Mar (3 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D

"This plugin works fine with Android and ios in OutsystemsNow, but when building native application, in ios 11 devices (11.1.2) it asks permission to use camera. After granting access, reader stops directly (without going to barcode view) giving error "A scan is already in progress."  I just wonder why functionality is dfferent with outsystemNow and native, since this should be buided as external plugin also in outsystemsNow? And more intresting is how to get this working with latest ios devices?

Esa Saarinen wrote:

"This plugin works fine with Android and ios in OutsystemsNow, but when building native application, in ios 11 devices (11.1.2) it asks permission to use camera. After granting access, reader stops directly (without going to barcode view) giving error "A scan is already in progress."  I just wonder why functionality is dfferent with outsystemNow and native, since this should be buided as external plugin also in outsystemsNow? And more intresting is how to get this working with latest ios devices?

There is now more robust fixed version available for this in github: https://github.com/OutSystems/csZBar/pull/4

Thanks for Mikko N!

This fix works in native apps and seems it is working OutsystemsNow published before 3.4.2018, but not with current OutsystemsNow version.

[OutsystemsNow] [Barcode Plugin] Barcode scanner

Is there any idea when this fix can also be applied to the latest version of Outsystems now? I'm having the exact same issue with the barcode (but then in the outsystems now application), but the people that use it do not have the knowledge how to install an older version of the application on their iphones which results in them not being able to do anything. 

I was hoping Outsystems now responsibles are are following this forum, to get same fix in outsystems now app, since I guess there is not other way around this problem. Or even put previous version somehow available, since it seemed to work perfectly.