Extended properties style = display : none not working

Extended properties style = display : none not working

  

Hi,

I have one container with Display:True and extended properties style="display:none;" as shown in below image

I actually want to render the dom that's why i have set Display as True in property window.I think priority of extended property is higher than Window property so why i am not able to hide my container ?


Thanks & Regards

DM Singh

Hi,

Can you share the end result please?

with f12-devtools in chrome, and select that specific container.


J. wrote:

Hi,

Can you share the end result please?

with f12-devtools in chrome, and select that specific container.



Solution

Hi DM

It seems that now the STYLE extended property is ignored.

Use this way instead:

Adding here the styles you want to apply to the element will work.

Cheers.

Solution

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi DM

It seems that now the STYLE extended property is ignored.

Use this way instead:

Adding here the styles you want to apply to the element will work.

Cheers.


i don't understand i am not able to see any above screen in outsystem web app 

Hi DM,

Select the Container (DIV) and in the properties panel, change the toogle to the brush.

Cheers.

P.S. What version of Service Studio and Platform are you working on?

That screen is only available in versions greater than 10.0.613.0 

check what is the version of your service studio.

Suraj Borade wrote:

That screen is only available in versions greater than 10.0.613.0 

check what is the version of your service studio.

On versions prior to 10.0.613.0 he should not have problems with the STYLE extended property...


Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Suraj Borade wrote:

That screen is only available in versions greater than 10.0.613.0 

check what is the version of your service studio.

On versions prior to 10.0.613.0 he should not have problems with the STYLE extended property...



That's true.

@DM please share sample espace.

Justin James has a good article with some tips about visible and display.

https://medium.com/@jmjames/visible-and-display-do-different-things-212457546561

João Heleno wrote:

Justin James has a good article with some tips about visible and display.

https://medium.com/@jmjames/visible-and-display-do-different-things-212457546561

Yes. The property Display of a container will be used to define a Display:none if it is set to false.
But the extended property being ignored is "weird"...
Even more because it is ignored JUST to the display:none... Other styles are still applied...

Suraj Borade wrote:

That screen is only available in versions greater than 10.0.613.0 

check what is the version of your service studio.

Thanks for your help... its worked


You can still use the Extended Properties to define a style of "display: none", but weirdly in Containers (Buttons for example work fine) it seems to misbehave if you don't include a space between the ":" and "none".
So in the Extended Properties of Containers:

  • "display:none" - Does not work
  • "display: none" - Works

João Batista wrote:

You can still use the Extended Properties to define a style of "display: none", but weirdly in Containers (Buttons for example work fine) it seems to misbehave if you don't include a space between the ":" and "none".
So in the Extended Properties of Containers:

  • "display:none" - Does not work
  • "display: none" - Works

This is weird...


Eduardo Jauch wrote:

João Batista wrote:

You can still use the Extended Properties to define a style of "display: none", but weirdly in Containers (Buttons for example work fine) it seems to misbehave if you don't include a space between the ":" and "none".
So in the Extended Properties of Containers:

  • "display:none" - Does not work
  • "display: none" - Works

This is weird...


lol



João Batista wrote:

You can still use the Extended Properties to define a style of "display: none", but weirdly in Containers (Buttons for example work fine) it seems to misbehave if you don't include a space between the ":" and "none".
So in the Extended Properties of Containers:

  • "display:none" - Does not work
  • "display: none" - Works

Looks like this is recent bug in the platform and needs to be reported.