[ManageSecurityProtocols] How to add this in .net framework 3.5

[ManageSecurityProtocols] How to add this in .net framework 3.5

  
Forge Component
(6)
Published on 2016-10-25 by Messias Peralta
6 votes
Published on 2016-10-25 by Messias Peralta

Hi,

I have a .net application that runs on Microsoft .net framework 3.5

I need to add TLS1.2 in my application. May i know how to add this package in my application.

Thanks



Ram kumar wrote:

Hi,

I have a .net application that runs on Microsoft .net framework 3.5

I need to add TLS1.2 in my application. May i know how to add this package in my application.

Thanks



Mine is Outsystems application. So I downloaded this directly into my development environment. Published it. Then referenced the same in required eSpace. Added AddTLS1.2 action before each and every API call. Please check the attachment.

For .net application we need to add the below line before the API call.

System.Net.ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = System.Net.SecurityProtocolType.Tls11 | System.Net.SecurityProtocolType.Tls12;


Hope this helps.



That's it. 

This module provides you a set of Actions to add each TLS protocol. In order to use a specific one (in your case, TLS 1.2) use the Action AddTLS1.2 just before the API call, and the following request will include it.

lakshmi Dupati wrote:

Ram kumar wrote:

Hi,

I have a .net application that runs on Microsoft .net framework 3.5

I need to add TLS1.2 in my application. May i know how to add this package in my application.

Thanks



Mine is Outsystems application. So I downloaded this directly into my development environment. Published it. Then referenced the same in required eSpace. Added AddTLS1.2 action before each and every API call. Please check the attachment.

For .net application we need to add the below line before the API call.

System.Net.ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = System.Net.SecurityProtocolType.Tls11 | System.Net.SecurityProtocolType.Tls12;


Hope this helps.




Hi Lakshmi,

Thanks for you reply. .net framework 3.5 doesn't support this code.

System.Net.ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = System.Net.SecurityProtocolType.Tls11 | System.Net.SecurityProtocolType.Tls12;




Messias Peralta wrote:

That's it. 

This module provides you a set of Actions to add each TLS protocol. In order to use a specific one (in your case, TLS 1.2) use the Action AddTLS1.2 just before the API call, and the following request will include it.

Hi Messias,


How can i include the package in my .net application?

then only i use the Action AddTLS1.2