Hello, 

I'm currently working on a time registration application where the user doesn't have to fill in the hours he worked because the application fetches every 15 minutes the location to see if the user is stil on location. When the timer is executed and the user is outside the radius the stoptime needs to be registered and the other way around with the start time. (This is all a client action)

The calculations of radius, set starttime and stoptime are all completed and I can't get the application to work on the background of the phone to fetch and execute the action. (So when the application is on the foreground it all works but when the application is on the background not.)

I tried the background location plugin but this doesn't execute the client action wat the most implortant part of the action is. 

Does anybody know if it is possible to call a action in the background what can support this?

Hi Ben,

Are you using the GeoFence plugin? We have used the GeoFence succesfully to send notifications when we are outside a certain perimeter, even if the app is not currently active.

Hi Kilian, 

Thanks for your response. 

Unfortunately the Geofence plugin doesn't support Swift 3 witch causes the application not to load the plugin because it is in swift 2,3. I keep getting the error message "Error generating application. At least one Cordova plugin used in the build requires Swift but no "Swift language version" build setting was defined"

Hi Ben,

I don't understand. How can you use Swift when you are creating an OutSystems app?

Hi Kilian, 

When I try to publish the application and generate a native app to download on my phone I get the error message "Error generating application. At least one Cordova plugin used in the build requires Swift but no "Swift language version" build setting was defined". I Tried to look in the settings of the app where to define the language but I couldn't find it. 

Hi Ben,

Is it an iPhone you are installing it to?

Hi Kilian, 

I would like to install It to a iPhone. 

but when I try to generate the app in outsystems service studio (select module-> generate mobile app) it gives the error message in the service studio itself at the apple app generator. (so it won't even generate a app for IOS that I can download because of the error). 

Hi Ben,

I see, sorry, read too quickly. I'm not sure what goes wrong here, I'll ask around.

Hi Kilian, 

No problem, it's nice of you to help me with this problem. Thanks for asking around