Block in mobile application even after redirected to an url

Block in mobile application even after redirected to an url

Hi Outsystemers,

I have created a page of tiles from which each tile on click will redirect to an url. I have to implement the back, forward and home button(just like in any browser) in the bottom of the page. I have created it for the homepage while after it's redirected to another page using url I don't know how to implement the buttons using block. Can someone help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Ragul,

There are various ways by which you can get the URL of the current page. There's the built-in function GetBookmarkableURL(), and the HTTPRequestHandler extension has GetRawURL(), GetURL() and GetURLWithSession(). It depends on your needs which one you want to use.

Once you have the URL of the current page, you'll need to keep track of it during the user's session. You probably want a Session variable or even an Entity to store it in, depending on your needs.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Ragul,

There are various ways by which you can get the URL of the current page. There's the built-in function GetBookmarkableURL(), and the HTTPRequestHandler extension has GetRawURL(), GetURL() and GetURLWithSession(). It depends on your needs which one you want to use.

Once you have the URL of the current page, you'll need to keep track of it during the user's session. You probably want a Session variable or even an Entity to store it in, depending on your needs.

Hi Kilian,

First of all thanks for your reply. But, my question is how to create a footer block that even is visible and accessible after redirecting screen to an url.

Regards,

Ragul  

Solution

Hi Ragul,

I was assuming that all screens are local, and not redirecting to some external source. In general, it is very bad practice to hijack a website's layout by putting your own controls around it! The layout of the website may get screwed, for example. If you really do need it, you need to work with iframes, that's the only possibility.

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Ragul,

I was assuming that all screens are local, and not redirecting to some external source. In general, it is very bad practice to hijack a website's layout by putting your own controls around it! The layout of the website may get screwed, for example. If you really do need it, you need to work with iframes, that's the only possibility.

Hi Kilian,

Those external source websites are just urls of the applications I created earlier. And, I will try with iframe. Thank you for the tip. I will hitback if I face any difficulties.

Thanks,

Ragul