My app is not showing on https://

My app is not showing on https://

Hi,

I'm trying to solve some problems with my current application (role and permission related ) that might be fixed by adding some roles on https://<USER>.outsystemscloud.com/Users/Application_List.aspx but for some reason, my application is not showing up here while it is on Service Studio -> Applications in Development.

Is there any workaround to access apps that are not currently showing on that link ?

Thanks.

Jordi.

Jordi Gisbert Ponsoda wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to solve some problems with my current application (role and permission related ) that might be fixed by adding some roles on https://<USER>.outsystemscloud.com/Users/Application_List.aspx but for some reason, my application is not showing up here while it is on Service Studio -> Applications in Development.

Is there any workaround to access apps that are not currently showing on that link ?

Thanks.

Jordi.

Jordi, You need change in your IIS the Bindings..

Fábio Vaz wrote:

Hi,

Thanks.

Jordi.

Hi Fábio,

Where can I find those settings?

Jordi.

Hi Jordi,

Ignore Fábio's answer, he hasn't understood your question and is advising something not possible for a personal environment.

I have no idea why the application isn't showing up in that list. However, have you tried to assign the roles via the Users tab? If you know the Role name you an search for it, and assign it to the user.

Fábio Vaz wrote:

Hi,

Thanks.

Jordi.

Hi Fábio,

Jordi.

Sorry, I did not see that you were using your personal. Forget what i said before. Try 

In your Application 

Hi Fabio,

I still think you don't understand the OP's question. He is not seeing the application in the application list in the Users eSpace.

Fábio Vaz wrote:

Fábio Vaz wrote:

Hi,

Thanks.

Jordi.

Hi Fábio,

Jordi.

Sorry, I did not see that you were using your personal. Forget what i said before. Try 

In your Application 

Hi,

What if those 2 options are disabled for me? I'm not saying they're unchecked, they're just disabled so it's not like I can check or uncheck them.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Fabio,

I still think you don't understand the OP's question. He is not seeing the application in the application list in the Users eSpace.

Ahh he talk about HTTPS... So the question isn't about HTTPS is about Users, bad title and bad reader(me) :P

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Fabio,

Somehow, it is showing up con https://<USER>.outsystemscloud.com/ServiceCenter/Applications_List.aspx?StartIdx=20 but it isn't in the link said on the title.

I'm not able to find a reason why this is happening.

Perhaps you can inform OutSystems Support on this?

P.S. You have obscured your path in text, but the link still points to your PE :).

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Jordi,

Ignore Fábio's answer, he hasn't understood your question and is advising something not possible for a personal environment.

I have no idea why the application isn't showing up in that list. However, have you tried to assign the roles via the Users tab? If you know the Role name you an search for it, and assign it to the user.

Hi Kilian,

I don't know if I should ask this as well here but the main reason that lead me to test and check with roles/permission is this:

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/35134/web-popup-service-call/#Post124620

For some reason, it is working as intended on my PC while if I let a workmate test it (same user, same credentials), the popup won't work, it will close itself as soon as it is prompted on screen and for just 1 frame, it will show the login screen.

Someone told me this has to do with role/permission stuff so this was my whole point from the start.

Jordi.

Fábio Vaz wrote:

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Fabio,

Ahh he talk about HTTPS... So the question isn't about HTTPS is about Users, bad title and bad reader(me) :P

I swear I wrote in the title the whole url but it seems that links are not allowed on titles so it ended up being just "HTTPS://"...

Hi Jordi,

If you are prompted with a login screen, that mean that in the context of that screen, no user has been logged in. Is the pop-up defined in the same eSpace as the calling screen or in another eSpace? If the latter, does that eSpace use the same user provider as the calling eSpace?

Jordi, You want add a role to a user by the Users eSpace? 

Why you dont go to your users list and add the role by the combobox?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Jordi,

If you are prompted with a login screen, that mean that in the context of that screen, no user has been logged in. Is the pop-up defined in the same eSpace as the calling screen or in another eSpace? If the latter, does that eSpace use the same user provider as the calling eSpace?

I feel sorry about this but this is my first "experience" with OS so I'm afraid you'll have to take it a little bit slower with me as I've literally been with OS no more than 3 weeks.

As for the popup, it's just a screen created on the only UI Flow that I'm using up until now so I don't think that the pop-up is placed in another eSpace (I might be wrong but this pop-up is nothing more than a bare screen which is called with a popup_editor rich widget ).

Eventually, this app that I'm developing will be connected with our back-end which has nothing to do with Outsystems so I can say 100% sure that our login and service system will be kept in our machines. As you can guess, yes, in this case, this OS application is only about a front-end that will send the required information to our services and retrieve some information according to the service called.

With that said, the more login/session/user stuff related with OS I can get to disable, the best for the usage of the app.

P.s: fun fact, pop-up works on my machine when launched from OS to Chrome but if I use the same URL on my PC with Firefox the pop-up won't work.

Jordi.

Hi Jordi,

No problem, and yes, if the pop-up is defined in the same eSpace there shouldn't be a problem with the log-in. I've never come across the behaviour you mention. Is there some minimal eSpace that shows this behaviour that you can share?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Jordi,

No problem, and yes, if the pop-up is defined in the same eSpace there shouldn't be a problem with the log-in. I've never come across the behaviour you mention. Is there some minimal eSpace that shows this behaviour that you can share?

Would you mind if I share it to you on private message instead of this thread?

Once it's solved I'll post the solution and where the problem was.

Sure, np.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Fabio,

Uh… Maybe he forgot to set the User Provider module to Users?

I know it's kinda basic, but there's a reason troubleshooting guides begin with "Make sure it's plugged in".

Edit: also, let he who has not done a dumb mistake and then be completely stumped by it not working throw the first stone!

Carlos Ribeiro da Fonseca wrote:

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Fabio,

Uh… Maybe he forgot to set the User Provider module to Users?

I know it's kinda basic, but there's a reason troubleshooting guides begin with "Make sure it's plugged in".

Edit: also, let he who has not done a dumb mistake and then be completely stumped by it not working throw the first stone!

Hi Carlos,

Yeah, maybe you're right and I forgot to set the User Provider stuff you're talking about but if you read what I've posted some minutes ago you'll get to understand that I want to kind of get rid of all the login/session/user stuff that OS has built-in/predefined.

OS is only making up for the front-end part of this whole project, all the back-end related stuff will be stored in our machines using technology that has nothing to do with OS.

Jordi.

It turns out the internal OS/Platform login wasn't really working at all so that would explain why my popup wasn't really working at some point.

Thank you Kilian for your time!

Solution

Just so everyone is in sync again, I PMd with Jordi, and the problem boiled down to a credentials check using an external provider (via REST) without logging in on the Platform with a Platform user. The pop-up problems stemmed from the main screen having "Anonymous" privilige set but the pop-up Screen not (and since there was no Platform log-in, the pop-up Screen was off-limits).

Solution