Database Management

Database Management

Dear All,

I have recently noticed that, everytime i delete and upload the same eSpace, its database tables are created all over again, which by this time i have a table named dbo.OSUSR_A7L_USER_MAS14 (for Enterprise Manager), and i think i'm having some conflicts due to this fact, like login errors with the username:admin, password: admin login.

Is there a way to normalize my database tables? Have just the required set of tables for each eSpace?

Best Regards,

Rui
Hi Rui,

If you have deleted and republished Enterprise Manager make sure you republish all eSpaces that depend on it to refresh the references. After that you can take a look into this Performance Tuning for OutSystems Applications technical note that includes some SQL scripts to delete tables from deleted eSpaces.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões
Thanks for the hint Tiago,

Yes, that i did. I always republish all needed eSpaces in order not to risk using mixed up references in database tables.

However i'm always getting the same error when executing the query...(even in the upgradeEM_query)

It goes:

Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Invalid object name 'ossys_espace'.

Do you have any idea on how to solve this?
Cheers,
Rui
Hi Rui,

Sorry, I don't quite understand the problem, what is that upgradeEM_query, is that an advanced query you have created?

Is that an error when you do a test query or is it logged in Service Center?

If you wish you can attach a small example of the problem so that I can take a look.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões
Hi Tiago,

My mistake, the name was EM_upgrade.sql and comes with the Enterprise Manager upgrade pack.

This is an error that pops-up each time i try to execute a query.

Everytime i try to execute a query (e.g., the ones you related me to this morning, or the EM_upgrade), i get that error
(Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Invalid object name 'ossys_espace'.)

Note: No parsing errors are found.

Best Regards,
Rui
This might be related to executing the script on the wrong database. Check your database name (if you installed OutSystems Express Edition it might be outsystems_express) and add this at the top of the scripts to run:
USE outsystems_express
Hope this helps,

Tiago Simões
Tiago,

That was it!

Thanks again,

Best Regards,
Rui