Error Accessing foreign Entity

Hi,

After configuring a Linked Server in SQL2005 (OutSystems DB) to a SQL2000 (foreign db), tested in Management Studio (insert works fine).
I Created the entity and inserted it in my project, created and action toCreate a record and I get:
"There was an error processing your request. Please try again later... "

I went to the server log and had the following error:
1] The operation could not be performed because OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "MYSERVER" was unable to begin a distributed transaction.
OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "MYSERVER" returned message "No transaction is active.".

Can anyone Help.
Thanks
João Mendes
Hi João

Please check that either your SQL 2005 server or the SQL 2000 server is running the MSDTC (Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator), and they accept remote connections.

For instance, in your SQL 2005 server, access the Component Services from the Administrative Tools. Expand the Component Services -> Computers -> My Computer in the left pane. Right-click over the My Computer and select properties. Under the MSDTC tab press the Security Configuration button, and enable the Network DTC Access , Allow Remote Clients and Allow Inbound and Allow Outbound , with no authentication required.

You may need or not to Enable XA Transactions as well, depending on the type of transactions.

More information about this can be found at KB817064.

Hope it helped.

Cheers

Miguel João
Hi,

I'm getting the same error.
It's necessary both servers to have MSDTC running?

I have created a table at SQL SERVER 2008, and I have made a linked server at SQL SERVER 2005.

With an extension I'm referencing that table from SQL SERVER 2008.

The MSDTC is running on the server that has the SQL SERVER 2008.

When I do a Delete on that table I'm getting the error reported in the first post.

Thanks for your help.

Best Reggards,
Mendes
When I do all this and i get the MSDTC service running I get a new error message saying:

The operation could not be performed because OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "servername" was unable to begin a distributed transaction.
OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "servername" returned message 
The transaction has already been implicitly or explicitly committed or aborted