fill up database based on min and max date

fill up database based on min and max date

I'm trying to develop an web application where I have 3 tables. 1 table contains information about the period, the other contains information about the order and the other should contain the filled up information. A user will give information about his order and a period for which he wants this, and after this the idea should be that the database fills in a sort of calendar for an order. I tried putting this in an action, but I'm not really sure how to continue with this now. 

Do I now create a new action within this server action to fill up the database? Or how is the best way to do this? 

Hi Inne,

Unfortunately, your description is (for me) way to vague to say anything sensible about it. Please describe what specific OutSystems-related programming challenge you are facing, so I can better help you.

I have a page where a user can input an order for a specific weekday for a period (e.g 1st of april untill 1st of July) and he wants 20 products every monday and every wednesday 30 items. When the user presses save, I want to have my outsystems page generate orders for every monday and wednesday in this period (so an order for monday 2 april, wednesday 5A april and so on untill 1st of september). But i'm not sure how to continue with this. I am trying to put this in a server action with a foreacht and some variables, Do i put again an action in this? 

Solution

Hi Inne,

You are already able to filled up the information, so you have the order date and the period, right?

You need to built one action that returns all the dates for the given period (date records list output), so then you will be able to create the orders.

Where are you stuck in this process? Is in building the action that should return the list of dates? 

If you give me the necessary inputs, I can try to help you with this.

Best regards.

Solution