Log monitoring problems

Log monitoring problems

Hi....I'm using SC v4.1.3.15 and my log monitoring stopped on 18/09, so it seems it isn't refreshing database, it appears all tables are filled.... (log error on online monitoring also)

I already restarted log service which "seems" to be working ok, ran iisreset.....If i delete log tables, will they be rebuilt? I actually can't remember it...

Best Regards,

Diogo C S Cordeiro
Hi Diogo

Usually, when the displayed logs are old, an no new logs are shown, is a result of failure in the log rotation mechanism.

Do you have any event viewer application or system logs with errors from September the 19th?

Deleting the log tables is not a viable option. Use a SQL Query application (Like SQL Management Studio 2005) and check the several oslog_screen_X tables. There should be around 10 of them (with X from 0 to 9). Check out if any of them are filled with your most recent logs, after September the 18th.

Thanks

Cheers
Hi, there are some errors in the event viewer on 19-09-2007:

Initialization error: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'OutSystems.HubEdition.MQInfo, Version=4.1.3.14, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)
File name: 'OutSystems.HubEdition.MQInfo, Version=4.1.3.14, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800736B1): This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)
at #ug.#wg.#Fg(String queuePath)
at #ug.#wg.PingService()
at #ug.#Pc.#We()
at #ug.#Pc.#Xe(Object o)

Retrying in 60 seconds

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I actually reinstalled hub server some time after....without changing the database.....

I checked my general log tables, and the first 3 are filled until 18-09, and the last one is filled with logs from August....

Best Regards,

Diogo C S Cordeiro
Hi Diogo

These errors can occur if you don't have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package installed in the server computer. Since Service Center 4.1.3.15 that the SP1 version of this package became a pre-requirement, as already reflected in the Install Check List for OutSystems Platfom 4.1.

If you're still running the 4.1.3.14 version of Service Center, we recommend updating it to 4.1.3.15 or higher, and also install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=200B2FD9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647&displaylang=en.

After an OutSystems Services restart, the logging problem should have been corrected.

Hope this information is helpful.

Cheers

Miguel João
Thank you Miguel, that seemed to work...

I hadn't installed because I had Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Premier Edition, and thought it was implicit ....

Best Regards,

Diogo C S Cordeiro