[Silk UI Web] Calendar pattern support Brazilian Portuguese (pt-BR)?

[Silk UI Web] Calendar pattern support Brazilian Portuguese (pt-BR)?

Forge Component
(71)
Published on 4 Oct by OutSystems R&D
71 votes
Published on 4 Oct by OutSystems R&D

I need to translate the calendar into Brazilian Portuguese (pt-BR). 

@Formiga

I was wondering, what's different in a calendar from pt-PT to pt-BR?

Hey Formiga!

There's already a translation for pt-BR and a separate one for pt for our Silk Calendar! Here's a link to how you do that, the section that you are looking for is the "Change the Application Language". Hope this helps!

And João, to answer your question, the changes are very few between the pt and pt-BR but the syntax in certain terms are different which is why it warrants two different translations.

Cheers and good luck!

Hi Rita,

In the case would be en-BR or pt-BR? The application is already in use with the pt-BR translation and the entire translation, except for the silk calendar, is running.
Can you confirm that the translation to pt-BR is really working? If you put the language into pt-PT then the calendar translates without problem, but I can not use pt-PT because we would have problems with translations.

Thank you for your help

Rita Dias wrote:

Hey Formiga!

There's already a translation for pt-BR and a separate one for pt for our Silk Calendar! Here's a link to how you do that, the section that you are looking for is the "Change the Application Language". Hope this helps!

And João, to answer your question, the changes are very few between the pt and pt-BR but the syntax in certain terms are different which is why it warrants two different translations.

Cheers and good luck!

Hey Formiga!

I am not sure what you mean by en-BR! But I can confirm that the translation is working, unless you feel that something is missing and in that case just let us know what it is and we'll look into it!

edit: I think we've managed to find what you mean, we'll add this to our backlog and get back to you once we have news! Sorry for the inconvenience! 

Solution

Hi Formiga.  To workaround it until the official fix. You can override the code for the calendar including the entire javascript from the original webblock inside a webblock and include it into your page or layout. This js will replace the original one. 

In this code your could find ans translate the section i18n that contains the locale used by default in Calendar. 

I know It is a ugly solution, but it works for while :)

Solution

Fantato wrote:

Hi Formiga.  To workaround it until the official fix. You can override the code for the calendar including the entire javascript from the original webblock inside a webblock and include it into your page or layout. This js will replace the original one. 

In this code your could find ans translate the section i18n that contains the locale used by default in Calendar. 

I know It is a ugly solution, but it works for while :)

Thanks Fantato.

I did that.