Display JSON API data

Display JSON API data

Hi.

I'm trying to display some data I am getting from a REST API, I'm not sure if i'm doing it correctly but i've been looking all day and I can't seem to do it. I hope the attatched screenshot helps in some way. I'm fairly new to this so if you could please be fairly basic in your response(s).

Thanks.

Throupy

I did not understand your doubt. For the image you consumed a rest point and want to display the content?

See this link, I think help you:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Extensibility_and_Integration/REST/Consume_REST_APIs/Consume_a_REST_API

Hello Owen,

Sorry, but I have to ask... Did you did the Online training on Mobile?

If not, you should. If you did, I'm not able to figure out the question.

You have a method. Call it, process the data the way you want and show it in the screen...

:)

I want to get up-to-date data from here:

http://environment.data.gov.uk/flood-monitoring/id/stations/1773/readings.json?_sorted¶meter=rainfall&today

and I want to display it in my mobile application

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Owen,

You have a method. Call it, process the data the way you want and show it in the screen...

Training is not useful if you do not show how to create an app from scratch, just showing PPT is not enough.

Hello Owen,

I'm sorry for the so late reply, but I didn't received the notification when you post (probably a temporary problem in the community alerts at that time). Do you still need help with that?

Cheers.

Narendra Kothamire wrote:

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Owen,

Training is not useful if you do not show how to create an app from scratch, just showing PPT is not enough.

Hello Narendra,

I agree.
But the OutSystems Online trainings have more than one application built from scratch during the training, not only the presentations.

Cheers.

It would have been better if trainer would have shown how to create todo app from scratch with live coding 

Narendra Kothamire wrote:

It would have been better if trainer would have shown how to create todo app from scratch with live coding 

I disagree.

When somone "shows" you how to do a task, you have much less absortion of information and knowledge being created than when it is you that do the task. 

That's the reason the applications are done by the trainee, first with a step-by-step, later without it.

Cheers