Passing search keyword to a webblock

Passing search keyword to a webblock

I have an action web screen with a web block (grid) displaying list of records. The name of the web block is TaskForProcess.

I have a texbbox and button in the action web screen. Now i have created a SearchKeyword input parameter in the Action page.

My query is how do i pass this SearchKeyword input parameter to TaskForProcess webblock.

Once i get the searchkeyword value in the webblock TaskForProcess, i can filter the grid in the preparation (aggregator) of this webblock.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Solution

HI Saswata,

I have created a simple example and i hope will work for you ,I have taken one screen where i have a text box , button and one webblock. In webblock preparation i have one aggregate which fetches data and show in the grid in the same webblock.

The data will gets filter based on the input you entered in text box in the main screen , i am sending the filter criteria as a input parameter to the webblock.

Please see the attached example oml.

Please mark the answer as solution if it solves your problem.

Regards

-PJ-

Solution

Pramod Jain wrote:

HI Saswata,

I have created a simple example and i hope will work for you ,I have taken one screen where i have a text box , button and one webblock. In webblock preparation i have one aggregate which fetches data and show in the grid in the same webblock.

The data will gets filter based on the input you entered in text box in the main screen , i am sending the filter criteria as a input parameter to the webblock.

Please see the attached example oml.

Please mark the answer as solution if it solves your problem.

Regards

-PJ-

Thanks buddy, this works! I was doing the other way round. I had created an input parameter in the Homepage and was creating a local parameter in the Customer web block as per your example. It is the other way round. Thanks

Glad to hear it works for you , please feel free to ask questions community members will love to help you .

Regards

-PJ-

Pramod Jain wrote:

Glad to hear it works for you , please feel free to ask questions community members will love to help you .

Regards

-PJ-

Hi Pramod,

One quick question does this example validates null checks. Let's say i put few spaces on the search text and click on ok buttom? Currently if i do so it says "No Item to Show"