Combining two tables to create single form and storing data in respective two tables

Combining two tables to create single form and storing data in respective two tables

In Outsystems IDE, I have two tables(one to many relationship) Employee(EmployeeName,Address, DOB) and Course(CourseName, Duration, Fees). I want to create a form with fields "EmployeeName" , "Address", "DOB","CourseName","Duration","Fees". On submitting the form, data needs to be saved in Employee and Course tables.  How can I achieve this in Outsystems? 

Hi Preethi,

Since you have a one to many relationship, I'm not sure what you want to achieve. I would find it strange if I could edit a person's details (name, address, dob) when I would be editing a course, or adding a course.

I know this isn't an answer to your question, but your requirement is a bit strange, and I first want to get straight what you actually are trying to achieve.

Preethi S wrote:

In Outsystems IDE, I have two tables(one to many relationship) Employee(EmployeeName,Address, DOB) and Course(CourseName, Duration, Fees). I want to create a form with fields "EmployeeName" , "Address", "DOB","CourseName","Duration","Fees". On submitting the form, data needs to be saved in Employee and Course tables.  How can I achieve this in Outsystems? 

Actions and Code Reusability Exercise

Video

Hi Preethi,

As mentioned by kilian, The Requirements is kind of strange. If you want to display the details of the employee and courses that he applied in the same screen, Then just add two lists for them and display it on the single screen and 

For adding/Updating courses, you can create a popup for that and that should help you to develop the requirement.

Thanks 

Kirit

Hi Kirit kumar

I want to save data in single form into two different tables. As an admin I need to enter employee name and corresponding courses in the same form that will be stored in Employee details table and course details table. Is it possible?

Hi Preethi,

Again, your functional requirements are strange. Why would you need to _enter_ an employee name? You want to _search_ for the employee, and for that employee select a course?