Timer timeouts after 30 seconds

Timer timeouts after 30 seconds

Hi,

I have a timer that gave me the error below. After that the timer timeouts always at 30 seconds. Anyone know why is this?

Regards,

Marcelo

Message:Scheduler Service: Error executing request http://127.0.0.1/<espace name>/_TimerHandler.asmx for Timer ImportFiles. Request duration = 1440 secs.  [retry 2 of 3 scheduled]
Environment InformationeSpaceVer: 0 (Id=0, PubId=0, CompiledWith=10.0.303.0)
RequestUrl:  (Method: )
AppDomain: Scheduler.exe
Path: E:\OutSystems\Platform Server\
Locale:
DateFormat: yyyy-M-d
PID: 1896 ('Scheduler', Started='4/11/2018 6:25:50 PM', Priv=51Mb, Virt=608Mb)
TID: 10
Thread Name: Timer Processor #2
.NET\: 4.0.30319.42000
Stack:The operation has timed out
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Scheduler.TimerHandler.ExecuteTimer(String ssKey, Int32 timeout, Int32 tenantId)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Scheduler.TimerJob.#2ub()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.ServerCommon.SandboxUtils.ExecuteForSingleSandbox(String sandboxToExecute, Action action)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Scheduler.TimerJob.Execute()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Scheduler.SchedulerProducerConsumer`1.<>c__DisplayClassa.<Execute>b__9()

What does your timer do?

Are there any more errors registered?

Hi,

My timer does a lot of stuff but now after the 30 seconds i get an error in advance query that does update. I get a timeout error. But this advance query was working before with a lot more data than what is working now. So I don't know whats happening.

Regards,

Marcelo

Solution

Is this a Personal Environment or an Enterprise one? Sounds like you have yourself a lock in the DB.

Solution

Hi,

It was an enterprise one. And you were correct it was a lock. For some reason an aggregate wasn't working for some reason but didn't gave any error so the updates done before were locking stuff because the timer didn't commit or rollback

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi , 

I got the same issue as Marcelo in PR but I could not  reproduce the issue in another server.

Our timer is working fine in another server with the same amount of data like PR. Only we have problems in PR.

@Marcelo, @Joao - Do you have any solution for this
 punctual incidents ?

Any ideas? 

Thank you 

Regards, 

Leticia

Hi Leticia,

In my case it was a lock in the DB. You need to access your DB check if any outsystems process is stuck locking the resources you need. Than you need to fix what is making that process stop.

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Leticia,

In my case it was a lock in the DB. You need to access your DB check if any outsystems process is stuck locking the resources you need. Than you need to fix what is making that process stop.

Regards,

Marcelo

Thank you, Marcelo

I will check it.