Sending e-mail as an Outlook Invitation

Sending e-mail as an Outlook Invitation

Hi guys,

I want to send an appointment invitation as an email (not as an attachment). Then when organizer changes something in the appointment, system will update the prev invitation instead of sending a new one (pic below).

Is there any way I can achieve something like this?
I saw a post before but it doesn't meet what I want.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Lady

Fábio Vaz wrote:

Hi Lady,

You already take a look at this post?

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/9547/sending-an-outlook-calendar-event/#Post30778

Thanks

Hi Fabio,

Yes, but it is not exactly what I want. What I want to achieve is sending the invitation as an email itself instead of as an attachment.

Do you have any idea?

Rgds,
Lady

Hi Lady,

Please read the entire post Fábio mentioned, it starts out with an attachment, but in the middle there's a discussion about using Exchange directly. Of course, you need an Exchange server for that. If you use Office 365, you probably can't use that method.

The problem is that Outlook invitations are specific to Outlook, and you need something Outlooky to send them.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Lady,

Please read the entire post Fábio mentioned, it starts out with an attachment, but in the middle there's a discussion about using Exchange directly. Of course, you need an Exchange server for that. If you use Office 365, you probably can't use that method.

The problem is that Outlook invitations are specific to Outlook, and you need something Outlooky to send them.

Hi Kilian,

Yes, I need to use it to Office 365.

Can you explain more about your last statement?

Rgds,

Lady

Hi Lady,

I google about office 365 and i get an REST API to Calendar. Maybe can help you in some way.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/office/office365/api/calendar-rest-operations

Thanks.

Hi Lady,

What I meant is that you need some connector to a Microsoft product, like an Exchange connector if you are using Exchange, or an Office 365 connector if you're using Office 365. For the latter there are several plugins in the Forge, but I haven't used them myself so I can't tell how good they are.