[WEB] Get value from Jquery command on screen load.

[WEB] Get value from Jquery command on screen load.

Hi,

As somewhere else I found an issue that I had to fix using Javascript which won't work on Internet Explorer, I thought about using this:

https://github.com/gabceb/jquery-browser-plugin

Nothing more than a simple command that should be executed on the Preparation of the Screen,retrieve its boolean value and everything else is up to me.

How am I supposed to call this and get its boolean value on the preparation?

Thank you all by advance,

Jordi.

Hi Jordi,

JavaScript is not executed in the preparation.
It will be sent to the browser together with the page after it is built and will be executed client side (in the browser).

So, you will not have access, in the preparation, to anything the JavaScript (jQuery) will do.

A generic approach to retrieve things generated with JavaScript is to store the value in an OutSystems input, that will be available when you reach the server in a ScreenAction.

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Jordi,

JavaScript is not executed in the preparation.
It will be sent to the browser together with the page after it is built and will be executed client side (in the browser).

So, you will not have access, in the preparation, to anything the JavaScript (jQuery) will do.

A generic approach to retrieve things generated with JavaScript is to store the value in an OutSystems input, that will be available when you reach the server in a ScreenAction.

Cheers.

Hi Eduardo,

Well, now that I think about it, I don't really have to do it on the Preparation, actually I can check user's browser in a Screen Action so if you could show me how to call this Jquery command and retrieve its value to an Input Web Screen variable, I'd be pretty much done with this problem!

Thank you,

Jordi.

You're welcome, Jordi :)