Export to Excel

Hi all,

I am working on a timesheet project. I want to export the work planning report to excel that contains web blocks to display the result of the report. Please find the attached screen shot. The web block is getting the Department ID to fetch the result. For example. If there are 10 departments, the web block will show each department into separate list as in the screen shot. How can i export it to excel..?

Kind regards

Hey hassan,

there is a recordList to excel, which receives a list and exports to an excel

Hassan wrote:

Hi all,

I am working on a timesheet project. I want to export the work planning report to excel that contains web blocks to display the result of the report. Please find the attached screen shot. The web block is getting the Department ID to fetch the result. For example. If there are 10 departments, the web block will show each department into separate list as in the screen shot. How can i export it to excel..?

Kind regards

Hi Hassan,

You want export each department or every recordList of the department?

Hi Hassan,

There's multiple ways of doing this. The easiest is the Record List to Excel Statement, as João mentioned. You'd require a different Aggregate that looks like those used in the Web Block but fetches all data. You could add the departments as a column in the output, so you have all the data. It won't be presented very nicely (like on the screen), but if that's of no concern, this is by far your easiest option.

You could also use one of the Excel components in the Forge, which will allow you to e.g. add a sheet per department, or format the data more like is presented on screen.

Hello Hassan,

If you want to use the Record List to Excel Action and do some simple customizations (change the order and name of the Attributes/columns) of the Excel file check out this link.

Hassan wrote:

Hi Fabio,

I want to export each department  seperately. Web block is populating the result by getting Department ID.

Regards

Hi all,

Kind regards

Hi Hassan,

You want export each department or every recordList of the department?

Hi kilian,

i have to export the report  per department individually. Web blocks are used withing table records. A list being created then according to the filters of the report either for a single department or all departments. 

kind regards

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Hassan,

There's multiple ways of doing this. The easiest is the Record List to Excel Statement, as João mentioned. You'd require a different Aggregate that looks like those used in the Web Block but fetches all data. You could add the departments as a column in the output, so you have all the data. It won't be presented very nicely (like on the screen), but if that's of no concern, this is by far your easiest option.

You could also use one of the Excel components in the Forge, which will allow you to e.g. add a sheet per department, or format the data more like is presented on screen.

Hi Hassan, 

Then you can take the approach I described above. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Hi Hassan,

As stated above by Kilian sir, you can have a button/link called export to excel.

Since you already have all the lists, you can use Excel Packageto write data into different sheets of one workbook.

Or inside one sheet only, you can export all lists. you just need some foreach loops.

Thanks and Regards,

Suraj Borade

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Hassan, 

Then you can take the approach I described above. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Hi kilian, i am attaching screen shot of my web block. the list of month in the header of result set is static, but the data below is dynamic. Can you guide me to the solution?

regards

Hi Hassan,

Did you ever export data to an Excel file with OutSystems? If not, did you follow the online training? It is explained in there somewhere iirc.

I'd like to help you, but it's important you first try the basics yourself.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Hassan,

Did you ever export data to an Excel file with OutSystems? If not, did you follow the online training? It is explained in there somewhere iirc.

I'd like to help you, but it's important you first try the basics yourself.

thanks kilian , 

i have done online trainings, i have also exported another simple report  to excel file. In this report the problem is not the simple one.

let me tell you:

1. Table Record widget on report screen.

2. A web block inside that table records widget and inside that web block, List record is used to produce the list of department wise data.

3. inside the list records widgets cells, another web block is used also calculating the totalEffortSum.

now can you please figure out how can i export to excel or how can i use a single list to assign to the ExportToExcel tool..?

Kind regards